No announcement yet.

Eddie Bear, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eddie - Happy Four-year sugarversary Oct 2015!

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
    this is something a moderator can do for you. What would you like it to be and one of the moderators can change it for you.

Craig
    I changed it to "four year", but can change it to something else if you prefer.

Craig
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

• Re: Eddie - Happy Four-year sugarversary Oct 2016!

Think I've got everything changed correctly.
      Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Thanks Craig - that's perfect!
        Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

• Re: Eddie - Happy Three-year sugarversary Oct 2015!

Hi Eddie and Antonia..Just wanted to congratulate you both on your fourth year anniversary! Quite the accomplishment! Blackjack and I didn't quite make it to the four year mark, but I am always grateful for all the time we did have and for this forum and the encouragement we got here. We, too, might have "called it quits" in the beginning stages when he had the hind end neuropathy if not for the K9 diabetes forum and all that we learned here!

Comment

• Congrats to you and Eddie! I know it must have been particularly discouraging to have all the hind leg issues plus diabetes to deal with in the beginning but you guys persevered ! It is such an inspiration to have you here telling your story so new members facing the same challenges can see that it can be done. Excellent job!

Give Eddie big kisses from me - Yay!
            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Thanks Amy - it's so important to let people know that their dogs' legs can get better even when it looks so hopeless!

Donna - nice to hear from you and we're always thankful for the example of your Blackjack since Eddie's situation seemed to mirror his so closely.

Antonia
              Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Happy sugarversary!!

Jake
                13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Happy happy anniversary to you and Eddie! Wishing you many many more!

Natalie

Comment

Yea!!!!! Happy, happy.
                    Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

Happy Sugarversary , Eddie!

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Thank you everyone! Eddie is very grateful for the kind words and good wishes.
                        Antonia and Eddie

Comment

Happy belated four years to Eddie! Keep up the great work balancing letting him be a dog and managing the diabetes. Love a good Eddie update!

Holli
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Thanks Holli - he does enjoy his doggy activities, currently involving sneaking off on his own to the apple orchard and snuffling around looking for windfall apples. Then we test him and wonder what's pushed his blood sugar up..... (but really we love the fact that he is confident enough to go off on his own and enterprising enough to find the apples!)
                            Antonia

Comment

Happy, happy Sugaranniversary....you are an inspirational team.

Barb
                              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

• Re: Eddie Bear, RIP

So sorry to hear about Eddie. I changed the title of your thread as you requested.

Comment

Working...
                                X