please help..new at this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help..new at this

Hi so happy to have found this site. I need encouragement with my newly diagnosed 9 year old Minpin, Dixie. Is there a diabetic chat room? Shots are going ok but beside myself seeing my Dixie girls eyesight failing and FAST..please someone I need encouragement..can't sleep at night she is part of our family and I am so worried about her.
    thanks so much!
    Barbara

Re: please help..new at this

Hi Barbara,
    It is very hard to watch your baby go through this, but they do adjust and do very well. they learn to do just fine she or he may not lose all of her sight. you will find alot of help from this sight just hang in there and know we are all going through the same thing and we all want the best for our fur babies.
    Last edited by nikki; 09-24-2011, 10:43 PM.
    Carol Ü

Comment

Welcome to our group, Barbara! You've found a good home here among the rest of us diabetic moms and dads! We'll listen and advise and just be here for you to talk to! Some rather fantastic folks on here!

Hank and I are just diagnosed a month ago and we're still in the new stage and it's still very hard but having the people here...it's been amazing! We have all been or are still right where you are!

One thing to remember...Dixie doesn't know she has diabetes and doesn't know she's going blind. She just knows she has some yucky days and boy, is it getting dark in here, mom really should turn on some lights. I'm also terrified of Hank losing his sight but I know that I'm the one who is scared... not him. Many of the moms and dads here have babies that have lost their sight and the first thing they will tell you is that they get along so well without their sight.

It really will be ok and we'll all hang in there with you! I promise! Hugs!!!
      Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Barbara,
        I copied your post to the main discussion forum where more people will see it and respond. You can find it here: http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3102
        Patty
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
        X