View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 07:38 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Non-repeating BG numbers

Your pup may have dipped a bit low overnight and why you saw numbers in the 500s at 6 am . You did see a 200 point drop from 6 am to 8 am which could have triggered a mild response from the body

You could try an experiment if the early drops are consistent to try to slow them down . Early in jesses diagnosis I had a similar problem and I would give her a spoonful of honey before the big drop . By doing that her drop was slowed and also her subsequent spike up was slowed .now this just gave me some answers that i needed to add some highly digestible carbs to meal to combat early strong insulin

You can also try a temporary reduction in insulin maybe to 7 units and see if that flattens things out a bit but you may have to hold for 3 to 5 days to have the dose settle to get an answer . You may have to deal with some higher levels temporarily

You can also do a diet change that is more appropriate to how injected insulin is working for your dog . Now the numbers are not terrible . Insulin is working so thats good and getting to good levels . You just want to flatten the curve a bit to get it to be more stable levels
Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .