Thread: Hope for Abby?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 05:42 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Hope for Abby?

Hi and welcome . Its like mister allen has sugested it will take patience . It is not unusual to see this on the forum and it seems to affect bigger dogs for the most part . The arthritis may contribute to the problem which is likely from higher sugar . The best thing you can do is for sugar to get to a level from 100 to 250 a day . Testing blood sugar at home will help with that and bigger dogs are easier to test . I use the inner upper lip of my jesse

It does not seem to be a pain issue but a communication problem with the nervous system . They do say the b-12 is helpful and thats the methyl version

There are types of harnesses out there to help lifting dogs but its like caretaking a disabled human with a dog your size finding ways to use leverage . Maybe like and automotive cart could help moving him around if you dont have carpet . Sometimes you just have to get creative and I am sure you will .

Ask any questions you would like or just vent we are listening .
Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .