Jesse girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

thanks liz and tami . I think tami craigs annie was 9 and amys maggie was close to 9 . It is a long time . It would be nice if jesse could hang out as long as liz's snicker who is 18 which i believe is the oldest dog to be diabetic on this forum

As far as squirrels in her younger days she would not let go but she doesnt seem interested in them anymore . Its rabbits or nothing and she isnt going to catch them but she believes she can ha
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Much love to Jesse girl from her aunt Judi!
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
        Much love to Jesse girl from her aunt Judi!
        back at you Judi
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Just popping in, as sometimes I do. So happy to see that Jesse is doing fine. Give her some kisses from us.
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

I will barb thanks

Comment

Its time for Jesses 6 month update

It is her 15 year birthday and she has been diabetic for over 9.5 years . She is doing well and still Jesse . She does have a bit of the old timers in a dulling of the senses and mental acuity

She still enjoys going out searching for rabbits but clearly the rabbits have the advantage but jesse does not know that

She has definitely dispelled many myths about K9 diabetes . Like you cant give a homemade diet because it cant be exact and its not balanced like commercial processed dog food , you cant use a human blood glucose meter and with that she uses a discount human meter , you must have close to normal blood sugar to survive , The hope is your dog can live maybe 3 years and will loose their site . These are all the things I heard at the beginning of jesses journey .

Her one meal a day dispels a myth for all diabetics that its possible to just give one meal . At the time we did it was unheard of .

My grand kids just love her and so does everyone we meet . Its funny to see her with the grand kids and my kids when they were young as she has become a generational dog . She has also seen many friends come and go over the years . she has a special way about her as gentle and kind . She has improved my life as I feed of that kind nature and me changing what I ate which improved my health . I was pre diabetic at one time but not anymore and I thank jesse for that

Well it is time to buy more strips ( I buy 6 months of strips at a time ) thats kind of how i project time and the future and that wont change unless she tells me something different .

Comment

I love reading a good jesse update. She is one amazing dog!

Hope she continues living the good dog’s life. Congratulations on a job well done.

Mike and Lily
                Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                Diabetes: Aug 2013
                Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Thanks Mike she is amazing

Comment

Congratulations, Jesse and Happy Birthday as well!

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

Thanks Bonnie

she is such a joy and appreciate everyday

Comment

Happy birthday jesse! You're amazing! <3
                        Mochi is a 11 year old Pomeranian. Weighing 11-12 lbs
                        Diagnosed with diabetes February 2016
                        Had cataract surgery June 2016.
                        On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

Thanks Mochi

happy dogs mean happy life

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
                            Thanks Mochi

happy dogs mean happy life
                            I love that you two have defied all odds and just did what worked for you!! She truly is a little energizer bunny and sounds like she’s still living the life!

Comment

Thanks Sandy

You do what works and you cant be timid to try when what you are doing is completely not working

Another thing I do want to add jesses epilepsy has not returned in almost 4 years. Seizures and anxiety are gone ( knock on wood ) I find this odd for a dog that has had epilepsy since she was a puppy

It was a gradual process as seizures became less and less over a couple years . Cant find anything about a dog getting older and a decline and complete remission in seizures .

Maybe diet, maybe a higher sugar than normal in the brain . Who knows It would be nice to know and maybe helpful for others and with jesse being one of a kind it makes it difficult to draw any conclusions

I do think the one meal is helpful for her pancreas not being in a constant point of digestion taking some pressure off that organ as she did have a bad case of pancreatitis at the beginning of this adventure

So for her being at the upper end of a beagle lifespan maybe what we are doing has had some benefit .

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesse!

You've done an amazing job with her defying "protocol" and I commend both of you!!

And she's just as amazing.
                                Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Working...
                                X