View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:26 AM

Default Re: My Sweet Bagel in Heaven now..

Your relationship with your Bagel was certainly very special, Sande. A not so funny thing about relationships seems to be that the better they are, the deeper and longer the hurt when one leaves and they end.

Like you, Sande, I've found myself really fulfilled taking acre of Otis' needs since his diagnosis with diabetes. Seems our bond has become much stronger. Otis is coming up on 14 years in July, and it pains me to see him becoming a bit more frail each week. Deep down, we all know how these relationships will likely end simply due to the significant differences in lifespans, and periodically will try to deny what is unavoidable.

Being a member of this forum, we witness our fellow members experiencing these deep and painful losses of their best friends, and know our day will come to experience the same. We watch these same folks extending themselves in any way possible to care for and comfort their furry best friends.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.