View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 AM

Default Re: Since it's so quiet, how about an update?

Eddie is still doing well, especially given all his ailments. I am toying with trying to move him to raw feeding (using a commercial "complete" raw food to get consistency). When we fed him raw years ago, his itchiness got much better. We had to change to kibble because of his EPI but now we could revert to raw because he has different enzymes.

Millie our little terrier caught a big rabbit yesterday. She's a proper terrier - loves digging and hunting - she often comes in with her mouth full of mud because she has been trying to eat her way right down a rabbit hole! I had to take the rabbit away from her as I was fairly sure that Eddie would eat the whole thing if he found it, and I wasn't sure what that would do to his blood sugar...

One of the others, Toby, showed us what different food can do to them. We'd been looking after a friend's dog which ate Bakers food (which doesn't have a great reputation here). Toby is old and fussy and really liked the Bakers so we changed him on to it thinking he might as well have food he really likes. He then started drinking like a fish and peeing all over the place. After we had paid a large vet bill for the happy news that his blood was completely normal in every respect, it dawned on us that it might be the food. We changed him back to his old food and the drinking and peeing have returned to normal - hurray!

And just so he doesn't feel left out, I have to mention Spangle as well, our lovely collie, who is obsessed with chasing squeaky balls and is otherwise nice and uncomplicated!
Antonia