Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Yesterday was the 6th anniversary of Lucy's passing.

Hope everybody is OK & staying safe.

Last month I finished my third go round with cancer & my last PET scan showed clear.

My present foster project is a heartworm + senior girl named Dagny. She is on meds & strict rest. She is almost done & will be retested in about 20-ish days.

Comment

It amazes me as I get older It appears my life goes faster . Lucy was a great gal . Glad your treatments went well and continue down the remission road
      Jesse is 15.5 and 10 years diabetic now . She is a senior gal and as much fun as a young girl just in a different way . I am sure you are enjoying your senior foster . Thanks for stopping by
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I have been volunteering at a local senior rescue that is about 10 minutes from my house. Scooping poop, errands, etc. Most of the dogs have been abandoned for one reason or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishslayer View Post
          I have been volunteering at a local senior rescue that is about 10 minutes from my house. Scooping poop, errands, etc. Most of the dogs have been abandoned for one reason or another.
          Your an angel
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Lucy... such a lovely and resilient soul.

A truly happy moment when we, thanks to Rick, managed to pull her from the "family" who was threatening to kill her and lying about why... Fortunately, I think they went out of breeding Australian cattle dogs but still were backyard breeding tiny teacup breeds a few years ago.

And she would up with a real family to call her own. I never met her but I miss her all the same.

Natalie

Comment

7th anniversary yesterday. I was kind of zonked from an endoscopy so it sort of slipped my mind.

I see that a lot of the older pictures got nuked, so...

Last edited by Fishslayer; 04-22-2021, 07:18 PM.

Comment

We will always remember Lucy.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

7 years!!!
                  Yes,. I remember Lucy
                  Nice to see you Fishslayer
                  Mo
                  Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                  20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

How can it be seven years... our Jack is now turning 14. Time goes by too quickly.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                    X