Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Border collie Jack

Holding good thoughts for Jack...

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Keeping fingers crossed! Hugs!
      Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Hope everything goes well for Jack.
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

good vibes for jack and to have better mobility
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

The consult today was good - we really liked the ortho / surgeon - very nice guy with a nearly 16-year-old border collie of his own.

The source of Jack's pain problems... that remains a mystery.

The good news being that the vet couldn't identify anything in particular wrong with Jack other than he probably has lax ligaments - kind of like being double jointed - that allow his feet, especially in back, to bend farther than normal. But he doesn't think that's painful.

We are going to try reducing his Metacam to see if that seems to make any difference in how he feels, just in case he may not need it.

Natalie

Comment

I'll be watching. It's SO good when vets are so good!

Love and hugs,
              Fri, 8 Jun 2012 04:30:06 (PDT)
              http://www.coherentdog.org/
              CarolW

Comment

Good to hear the visit went well Natalie. Hope the reduction in Metacam helps.
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

glad you like the Doc. Sorry the source remains a mystery. Hugs to you & Jack
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Natalie,

Criss Ann had lax ligaments in her back legs as well. It gave her a 'flat-footed' look, but I don't think her back legs caused her any pain. It was her front ACL's that were her problem.

Bonnie and Angel Criss

Comment

Glad the consultation went well....interesting observations.

Hope the reduction in medication helps....I'm a bit partial to Border Collies.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Well, that's how busy I was... Jack's Birthday / Gotcha Day (as Fishslayer Rick calls it) came and went on October 13 and I didn't even write him a note here. But I did take him to the squirrel condos and out to lunch at the drive-through hammie store. And then he had a bran muffin hollowed out and filled with vanilla ice cream after his dinner... he's not spoiled or anything!

Natalie

Comment

Oh my goodness, what a GREAT birthday Jack!

Happy Birthday!!!
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy Birthday Jack.
                            Thank Goodness he is NOT diabetic. What a wild day that would have been.
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

i missed many of jesses birthdays except for this year because it was my sons wedding day so maybe i will never forget with the added reminder

better to be late than to never celebrated at all sounds like a great day and happy birthday to jack
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Happy Birthday Jack!!

Wishing many, many more!!!

I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

Working...
                                X