View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Not sure what to do.....

Our dog seems to be acting fine most of the time. He is a older dog, maybe 10 or so years old, and usually heads back to his bed after his insulin in the morning. If we go somewhere he will get up and go with us plus we go on walks through the day.

The vet does yearly lab work for thyroid and has never mentioned any problems. It all seemed to happen all of a sudden. He seemed to be doing fine then suddenly quit eating, wouldn't get up, and just looked sick. Took him to the vet and glucose was really high. He was admitted to the dog hospital for treatment.

He has had problems and always seems to be going to the vet. Seems to be allergy related causing skin infection and rashes. Was always placed on antibiotics and steroids. Some of the allergy problems we have been able to figure out like chicken which really breaks him out. The vet is convinced we will never figure it all out and believes it's best to manage symptoms.

I just know it's expensive and I don't want him to suffer. I think I've spent more money on this dog at the vet than I ever did my children growing up.