View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 01:05 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Not sure what to do.....

My jesse completely ignored me out of a litter of pups and I said that was the dog for our family . I like independence and like you I have no regrets

Sounds like you have a good plan and maybe a reset which a change in insulin could offer . If you were seeing very good results with vetsulin than you may just stick with it .

After jesses initial veterinarian experience the expense has been very light . I test jesse at home and since she has been regulated I haven't done a curve in a long time . Just spot check to see if things are ok . The best part of testing at home is your not guessing . Like the panting you were seeing where you could test blood sugar to see if that is the problem

The forum can help if need be but its up to your family on the direction to go My Jesse is a very senior gal at 15.5 years and has lived a normal dogs life for with the disease for 10 years with some limitations and happy she continues with that life