View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 10:01 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Elderly long-term diabetic having weird episodes

My jesse is a wanderer and paces back and forth throughout the house and she has done that for a couple years without any additional decline ( kind of maintaining ) . She doesnt jump up onto the couch anymore . At first i thought is was diminished eyesight but I think its her depth perception and tied more to a brain dysfunction which makes complete sense as she had epilepsy most of her life but the last 4 years it disappeared for some reason

You do what the circumstances give you . There were members who gave more smaller meals and worked well for them . As you know I give one meal . The key is keeping it consistent whatever you may do to manage the disease

There will be challenges with an older dog but it sounds like you have discovered solutions that work . Solutions are only limited by our imagination .