Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle

Judi,

I am just at a loss of what to say here. I knew things weren't going great with Jenny but like she always does, I figured she would make a comeback in grand fashion. I guess it was just not there this time. I really hoped Jenny and Maggie would continue to be the old lady divas around here.

I have been trying to think of a way to really express my condolences but everything I write is just not sufficient. My heart is breaking for you. Hopefully, I will be able to say something more meaningful and intelligent later but right now, I am just a tear faced mess.

Love,

Amy and Maggie
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I am so sorry, Judi. (((hugs)))
      Run free sweet Jenny.

Jake
      13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
      At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
        She says she will see you on the other side and to please bring treats and belly rubs!
        Judi,
        You are so brave. I love how you find a hint of positive in such a heartbreaking situation.

My eyes are filled with tears and my heart breaks for you. I loved reading Miss Jenny stories and will miss her spunk. I was another who thought she was one of those dogs who could overcome anything. I'm in complete and utter disbelief that she is gone. Sending prayers to you and your family and sending you lots of strength to get through these next few days. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Miss Jenny will be missed by all.

Holli
        Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet girl. I don't post here too much, but I stop by almost every day and read posts. I always liked to read Jenny's thread.
          You are now pain free little Jenny. Say hello to my Boo & Heidi at the Bridge.
          RIP Jenny

Carol & Milo

Comment

Judi,
            I suspected something wasn't going right when I checked last week and saw you haven't posted any updates for quite awhile. My heart breaks for you because I know how much love and support you've given Jenny especially during the hardest of times.

I can't really think of any words of consolation at the moment but please know you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be during this difficult time.

Sadie has not been well these days either and I think she will be joining Jenny sooner than later.

On a personal note I just want to thank you for all your words of encouragement and to say I really appreciated the sense of humor that you maintained throughout.

Hopefully you can take some solace in the fact that Jenny is no longer suffering and that finally she can eat and drink whatever, wherever she wants and all the medicines and shots are no longer needed!

It's time to take care of yourself now...
            Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Oh Judy, I'm so sorry to hear this. You're a great mom and did everything possible for your Jenny.

My condolences, thoughts and prayers are with you & yours today, and Godspeed to Jenny.
              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

thanks again everyone. I'm sorry I'm not responding individually. I'll think I'm maintaining and then read your kind words and get emotional.

I try to remember Jesse's girl's take on life and loss and enjoying the moment. That helped alot this weekend. And Jenny loved getting some fried hamburger as an appetizer to her meals.

I had her so treated out that she turned her nose up at some duck jerky on the way to the vet.

You've all been such a blessing to me. Other people don't always understand. I thank each and every one of you.
                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

• Oh no Judy. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Jenny was a great, strong girl. You helped me and nibbles through so much wish I knew more to say but, I'm just so sorry. It's cliche-but you did all you could and gave her everything she needed and wanted. She can frolic with Casey and nibbles now. Take care of yourself.
                  I'm Debbie and Nibbles is a 16yo beagle mix ~ Diagnosed in Feb. 2011 with Diabetes and Cushings ~ Currently at 11 units Humulin N ~ Eating Wellness canned food.

Comment

• Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Originally posted by Judi View Post

06-14-2011

My poodle Jenny was diagnosed 3 weeks ago, in January she tested negative. Her blood sugar has consistently stayed in the 400-500 range.

My vet wants me to keep her on the Hills W/D. I asked him about the Blue Buffalo or an Ultra food I was referred to and he told me too much protein could make her kidneys shut down.

Right now she eats the w/d so we are back on it. I have been varying her food since I had purchased a bunch of others to try. I think this has contributed to her insulin not doing the job. We are currently at 3 units twice a day.

has anyone else ever heard that too much protein can make their kidneys shut down? I'm gonna stick with the w/d for her. My other poodle hates all of the canned food. He is not diabetic but getting him to eat when she is has been a challenge. We can't leave it out or she will eat it all then puke and i worry about low blood sugar if she pukes it all up.

sorry about the long first post. Judi
                    Oh Judi... I'm shocked and so very sad to learn of Jenny's passing. It is hard with these "ultimate survivor" dogs when their bodies just won't let them continue any more. It sounds like you did this process exactly right.

Just thought I'd repost your first one, more than three years ago when all of this was new to you, above... Jenny is an institution around here and I know we will all miss her.

I was very sad about the dog who died on the railroad tracks, in part because she was young and had been surrendered to the vet hospital and adopted by a vet student. She was finally truly loved and it seemed brutally unfair to me for her to have so little time.

Jenny was so very lucky to be so beloved and cherished and carefully cared for throughout her life.

Sending a kiss skyward to Jenny and a hug to you,

Natalie

Comment

Awe Judy, so sorry to hear of Jenny,s passing. I guess it was her time. They seem to reach old age gracefully then little by little they fight the small battles. Then let us know its time to say goodbye.

You did great with her Judi. Thinking of you love mo and riliey.
                      Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Oh Judi, I'm so sorry to hear about Jenny. She was such a fighter. You did so good with her and all of her challenges. You were lucky to have each other.
                        Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Judi,
                          I'm so sad to read this. I wish these pups of ours lived longer. Your diva forever captured my heart. She truly was one of "ours." And, she (and her antics) will be missed by all!
                          Lifting you up,
                          Patty
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thanks you guys. You are all the reason we had more time with her. The house seems empty tonight but spunky Jenny was gone so I feel ok about the timing. It is just so final
                            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I'm so sorry to read about Jenny's passing. You and Jenny have been so helpful to me and Cooper during our journey with this disease. We are sending prayers and good thoughts your way

Comment

Oh Judi, I'm so sorry your little Jenny has crossed the rainbow bridge. It's obvious how much she was loved. May your memories help bring you peace.

Laura
                                Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Working...
                                X