Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Monster Vinny

So glad to hear a great update about sweet Vinney ! Keep us posted!
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Our appointment went great yesterday! Vinny like the vet and they think they can help with the weakness in his hind end. They put these grips on his toenails so he hardly slides on the floor anymore! When we got there, John had to hel him up at least four times just walking across the lobby. Once the Toe Grips were on, he didn’t slip, not once! Vinny even got on the treadmill and did well when they put water in.

Hopefully it will all help. I’ll keep you posted!
      Mel
      Vinny with his Toe Grips
      Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

thats a positive first day . definitely let us know how it goes because some of us have older dogs
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Greaaaaaaaat!
          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

That's great news! Rubber bottom booties also work well.

Natalie

Comment

Hi All...
              I'm having a really hard time finding the words to talk about Vinny. One week ago, we decided it was time to let him go when he refused to eat. On Friday, Vinny made left this world, surrounded by his family and loving friends. You know your pup has made an impact on others when three ladies from the vet were crying right along with us.

I want to thank all of you that helped us through those early days. I know we wouldn't have made it five years without you. I know there is so much more to say, but my heart is broken and the words aren't coming as easily as the tears. I'll try again in a few days.

Mel and her Angel Vinny
              Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Oh mel your monster was so unique and it was always enjoyable reading vinnys antics . He had allot of challenges and you guys stepped up to the plate and took care of it . You and your family gave him a long happy dogs life .
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Mel... So sorry to read this about your monster Vinny. We both started our diabetic journey in 2013 and loved following Vinny’s story.

He was one of those once in a lifetime dogs.

Mike and Lily.
                  Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                  Diabetes: Aug 2013
                  Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                  Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

• Re: Our sweet Vinny is an angel, July 27, 2018

Mel... I'm so very sorry to hear that Vinny has passed. He was such a beautiful boy... loved the photo of him with his fancy nails... and you all got through so many challenges. I know how hard it is to finally have to give up and let go. So sad...

Sending a kiss and whatever Vinny's favorite toy or treat was to him and a big hug to you. You know we all understand.

Natalie

Comment

I’m so sorry Mel. I remember when you and Vinny started on the forum. We all were so lost back then dealing with all this and now we are once again lost NOT dealing with it 😢. I’m right there with you, as vinny and tig are. We have to believe they are healthy, happy and running in the sunshine where one day we will see them again. My thoughts are with you my friend
                      Sandy

Comment

Mel, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I enjoyed reading about monster Vinny over the years. He was a very special boy and very loved.

Hugs,
                        Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

So sorry to hear Vinny passed, Mel. You and yours have my deepest condolences and Godspeed to Vinny.
                          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Vinny. I know how hard it is. It's been 5 months since my Gus has been an angel. I still come here from time to time to read and see how all the other sugar babies are doing. Hugs to you. I know your pain all too well and still struggle.

Run free, sweet Vinny.
                            Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
                            10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

sending you and Vinny my love
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I haven’t been on in a while and I am so bummed to read this, Mel. I know it is tough but when it is time, you know it! Vinny was a real trooper and you guys did great with him. The pain is so hard at first but gets easier. I can finally think about and talk about Maggie without crying. Wishing you peace and comfort!
                                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Working...
                                X