View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 10:23 PM

Talking Re: Annie: Diabetic with new Cushings diagnosis

Hi Judi,

The reflux thing didnít occur to me until you mentioned it. About a year ago,doc told me to give her 1/2 a Zantac when she was having some tummy troubles and I still have some. We ended up taking her in at 3:00pm today and thankfully, OMGó-all her numbers were good. Doc checked her bg and it was only 119 and then he was trying to explain what the electrolyte panel meant regarding the Cushings.

I was crying all the way there and crying the whole time doc was
talking to me. He knows Iím a crier and gave me a hug and told me that I was doing a good job with Annieó-to which I replied, But iím not, I donít feel like I have a good handle on the situation. He had told me earlier through a tearful plea, that as long as she had some ďgroceriesĒ in her system, even if it took a couple of hours, I could give her insulin.

He said he would set me up soon with one of his techs to teach me how to test Annieís bg at home. Anyway, I left the clinic still in tears, because my baby was ok, but also with a huge sense of relief that doc understood where my exaggerated concern was coming from.

He also knew that I was scared to death that her cortisol had dropped below range, which it hadnít as he could tell from her electrolytes. He said to me, ďjust watch her like I know you always do. If youíre scared itís okóI get it and reach out to your support system. ( Heís totally on board with the k9 forums.). Anyway, thanks for listening. Blessings to you all and your beloved pups. Karen