View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Well, Annie and I re-learned something for about the fifth time. We are slow learners!

Seems just about every time Annie has a bath, she develops ear problems. The ear problems; redness, head shaking, ear scratching seems to throw her BG out of whack. I understand dogs with floppy ears are more prone to problems. My wife, Linda, tries to keep the bath water out of Annie's ears and eyes, but that is pretty hard to do.

I treated Annie with a "cucumber melon cleansing and drying solution" for two days and the head shaking / ear scratching was reduced, but the BGs were still hitting highs (300 - 400s). Since it was time for her Bordetella vaccination, we took her to the vet and had her ear hair trimmed, and was given (sold) Zymox Enzymatic Solution. My limited internet search of Zymox sounds like it is a good drop for ear problems. Any comments?

EDITED: Just noticed this contains Hydrocortisone, so I'm guessing it might affect the BG. Also have seen online where it is sold Hydrocortisone-free.

Last edited by CraigM; 02-23-2011 at 10:59 PM.