Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Sugar is to have his leg amputated tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Sugar is to have his leg amputated tomorrow.

Sugar is being released from the vet hospital this afternoon. He's not to roam around our 1 1/2 acre yard nor climb the 17 steps to the second floor. I guess I'll have to sleep downstairs for a few weeks!

Bonnie

Comment

Bonnie, praying he heals quickly and with little to no pain in the days ahead. Keep us posted.
      Patty
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Hope he heals soon and well- aero beds are the way to go!
        Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Bonnie,

My thoughts are with you and Sugar, I can totaly understand the hard decisions we have to make. From my experience just go with the choice that is right for you and your family and please don't look back and try to say well what if? I know we all do, and it only beats you up. You are trying to do the very best for Sugar, you love your dog! My thoughts are with you.
          Loretta & Beau diagnoised Sept 2010, Wellness Core Reduced Fat & Wellness Core Senior canned food, once a day 1/4 cup pure pumpkin.
          Passed on to the rainbow bridge Dec. 11, 2012.

Comment

Speedy healing thoughts being sent your way...

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Sugar is doing good. He's eating and pottying on his own. The incision isn't as bad as I expected. I will be sleeping on the sofa downstairs until they say he can climb the steps.

Bonnie

Comment

So good to hear Sugar is doing well and recovering .
                Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Wow, Bonnie... dogs are the most amazing and resilient creatures. So happy to hear that Sugar is bouncing back quickly.

Natalie

Comment

so glad he is feeling ok. I bet he loves having you nearby while he sleeps!
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Bonnie - I didn't find this thread until now. So I missed all the initial stuff.

Sending you and Sugar our very best wishes for a full and uneventful recovery. Kwali and Kumbi join us (Camellia and Carol) from their lofty position at the Bridge, adding their good wishes. They say to Sugar, "Be Good." Camellia adds, "Well, as good as you can."

Love and hugs,
                      Sat, 15 Dec 2012 14:04:45 (PST)
                      http://www.coherentdog.org/
                      CarolW

Comment

Glad to hear sugar is getting back to normal! Continued healthy progress!
                        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

I hope this is a picture or two of Sugar after his surgery.

Bonnie

Comment

aw, he looks really good!
                            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

it is amazing they just bounce back so quickly

sugar looks like she is doing quite well
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

He is truly amazing...
                                He looks like he is in no pain....
                                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                                X