Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday morning I lost my last little dog, Hank.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday morning I lost my last little dog, Hank.

Hank, along with Sugar, came to live with Crissy Ann and me in July 2004.
    I lost Sugar, the elder by a year, the day after Thanksgiving last fall.
    Hank had a severe attack of vestibular syndrome on Jan 27 and was hospitalized for 5 days. He ate nothing for 9 days and I thought he would starve to death. He did recover, but seemed to have forgotten everything about his prior life. He was already deaf and had limited eye sight. He needed help getting from the door to the kitchen, finding his food and water, forgot about his beloved 'babies', and didn't recognize people who loved him.
    Tuesday night, I carried him up stairs where he continued to sleep with me. He suddenly became disoriented and vomited up his dinner. I rushed him to the all night vet emergency clinic. They put him on an IV for fluids and gave antinausea medication. At 6:30 AM, I drove him to his regular vet's office. He hardly stirred. After examining him, they said they doubted he could recover from this attack and that he might have had a growth on the brain that hadn't shown in the CT scan done in January. I elected to let him join Sugar and Criss at the Rainbow Bridge.
    For the first time in my life, I'm without a dog. I travel a lot. In fact, I'm leaving For Russia and eastern Europe on the 27th. I don't think I will ever have another sweet dog. They are truly a gift to human beings.
    I have loved them all and they got me through.
    I will miss Hank terribly. The house is so empty.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Re: Yesterday morning I lost my last little dog, Hank.

I am so sorry and your dogs were so lucky to have you. If something happened I'm glad it was while you were home with him.

When our little senior guy goes we are also thinking of not having a dog. It must be very strange.

Your dogs had wonderful lives. Enjoy your trip. We did a Baltic cruise last year that included St Petersburg and really enjoyed it. Judi
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Jesse maybe my final pup also . I am getting older and i would not ever want to go before my dog . Actually that has been a worry with Jesse . I dont think anyone could care and not let her suffer

Dogs are like time capsules but cover a shorter time span but there is a whole bunch of fun and love in the time frame . Jesse has seen generations of dogs come and go . A friend is here one day and gone the next and then she finds another generation of friends . Its funny to watch and quite special

people may not know my name in my town but they know of me walking jesse and thats how i am identified . when she goes i will no longer be that person and will be someone else . Thats how life is we live many different lives like our dogs

I dont think one life is any better than the next just different . Sometimes i think we can take a lesson from our furry pals and live more in the moment
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

It’s been a year since we lost Annie and we don’t think we will get another pup, but who knows. We have been lucky because we have had our son's dogs several times when they have traveled. The problem is they are moving about 200 miles away next week☹️. Our grandson and girlfriend have a dog we would “sit”, but they live a distance away and we only see him (the dog, not grandson) a few times a year.

The good thing is that there are plenty of dogs in the neighborhood and whenever I go for a walk I’m bound to say “hi” to at least one dog. No, not the same thing as having one in the house.

Craig
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Bonnie... Sorry to read about Hank. Our dogs provide us with such good times and loving memories.

Enjoy your trip to Eastern Europe.
          Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
          Diabetes: Aug 2013
          Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
          Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Bonnie... I'm so sorry that I missed this when you originally posted it. I'm heartbroken to know that the last of your trio has passed on. I can picture them all in my head from photos I've seen of them over the years.

We have an 11-year-old dog who turned out to make traveling impossible, even long day trips, so when he goes I don't know that we will get another dog either, at least for a while. We didn't know when we got this one how limiting he was going to be. We don't really care of course - we adore him. But really need to consider not taking our chances for a while anyway to have some freedom.

Still, I just can't imagine life without one. Hope we won't have to cross that bridge for a long time to come.

Sending kisses skyward to the kiddos and a hug to you,

Natalie

Comment

Working...
            X