Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 AM

Default Re: Camellia Camelo

Great update Carol
Glad you both are doing great and Happy 3rd anniversary to you both
Jj

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart
Old 08-20-2013, 04:45 AM

Arrow Re: Camellia Camelo

Thanks for your sweet replies. It's so good to be just a bit in touch with you again.

Suddenly, the other day, I have an indication that the promised handpan may shortly fall from the sky into my lap. The builder, Victor, keeps a happy-go-lucky schedule of sorts, and one of his customers, who is a very skilled musician (plays tabla as well as handpans) suggested he deliver HIS kurd 9 handpan - as there's another in his area that he can play if needed - and Victor can build him the one that was to be for me - at leisure.

The organizers of the fund-raising seem happy with that idea, and I am, too (and again, bowled over by the generosity). So maybe after a time that handpan will land in my lap (a shorter time rather than longer).

I took Camellia for her bimonthly grooming. Her groomer says she behaves absolutely beautifully. How lovely. It's a three-hour job, so requires great stamina from the dog! That's really because Kate the groomer is pretty much a perfectionist; happily, she is also extremely considerate of the dog, and won't push harder than a dog can take.

Camellia and I both send our warmest greetings to everyone here. We love you very deeply, as this forum is a place of great love - very contagious stuff.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:20 AM
Founding Member

3 years! that is fantastic Carol. So glad you have an excellent doctor now and naughty Camellia. Good neighbors are terrific
Old 08-20-2013, 06:40 AM

Carol,

Wonderful update. Perhaps we should send you a Patience Hat for your handpan. I still bring up your videos, when I need to calming in my life. The handpan seems like a wonderful instrument.

So glad that Camiellia is doing so well.... but I would have not thought any differently, with you as her best bud..

Take care of that hip of yours, glad you are on the mend.

Barb
Old 08-20-2013, 11:13 AM
Founding Member

Good to hear from you, Carol.

Hope your 'bones' are OK and your back is better.
Congrats on your 3rd. anniversary.

Bonnie and Angel Criss
Old 08-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Great to hear from you Carol!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Really good to hear from you Carol!!!! Welcome back and glad you are taking care of yourself!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Camellia Camelo - new gates

This afternoon, my former fire-department colleague, Rob, put in two new gates to secure Camellia's yard.

I always have two; the inner gate, then a baffle area, and then an outer gate. My previous gates in this yard were simply wire panels from a large collapsible dog-pen, and the man who built the yard had done the whole thing in a single day. (It's not very big.)

And he didn't do QUITE as I'd asked with the way the gates swung, but - well, beggars can't be choosers!

Today, though, Rob, familiar with my previous gate-styles - and more than slightly accomplished as a carpenter, installed the two wooden gates he'd built in the past week or so.

The OUTER gate now swings OUTWARD - the wire panel had swung inward, invading the baffle-space.

The Inner Gate is now hinged on the opposite side from where it was, so the gate swings back against the outer fence, instead of into Blank Yard, so to speak.

Once Rob had installed the Inner Gate, which is the most crucial to escape-proof, I stepped outside it. Camellia immediately investigated - but could not squeeze under the gate. Rob and I laughed. Rob said, she's doing her job.

Relief! We have one or two tiny refinements to finish, but Camellia should now be safely contained. Also, humans now won't be confused about which bungee cord should be attached where and how for what purpose!

No more news yet about a handpan. I'll let you know when I have any.

Love to all of you. You are my great buddies.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Founding Member

sounds like camella is secure they can be escape artists

hopefully this will take care of things
Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Camellia Camelo - new gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolW View Post
Once Rob had installed the Inner Gate, which is the most crucial to escape-proof, I stepped outside it. Camellia immediately investigated - but could not squeeze under the gate.
Why do I think that Camellia might be interested in viewing the new gate set up as a challenge!