Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Everything Else

Everything Else Anything that's not related to diabetes in dogs!

Old 02-26-2014, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Camellia Camelo

Carol - it's not the first time I have been called nuts and I am sure it won't be the last!
The way I live my life now is u can never help too many people and dogs.
I am very lucky that my job and salary allow me to have more than a few spare pennies that I would rather see helping out others than have for myself.
I am a true believer in karma and I would like to think that if the tables turned people would be willing to help me out.

I am so sorry Camellia couldn't stay with u. Such strength and love u have shown in doing what's best for her. So glad u still get to spend time with her.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:06 PM

Arrow Re: Camellia Camelo

Oh, my dear friends. Why is k9diabetes my second home? Well, YOU know! Allison - I think we're all a bit nuts.

Camellia is here now. She settled right in - without being over-excited. She got up on Our Bed, which is still that, and I lay down with her for a bit. Also took her out for a run in the driveway/yard, which is fun for her, but she has no company to play with, other than me, and she likes to sniff and explore there.

We came back in, and lay down again for a half hour; then, as is her wont, she left Our Bed, and came out into the Great Room. I followed very shortly. She's now lying on the sofa, in her accustomed place, on her back, feet in the air.

I am absolutely thrilled about how well Marg is helping her adapt to the parrots, and helping them adapt to her. I could see in Marg's eyes how deeply she adores Camellia, so this is really a Good Thing. Marg liked her before, but now, she's head-over-heels in love with her - which makes two of us!

Thanks so much for all your encouragements, and wise remarks, such as, don't take on too much at once!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:07 AM

Hi Carol, your update is pleasing. So glad Camellia is doing fantastic.

Its been really cold here Riles is getting his business done.

Your an inspiration to me especially. So glad you posted.

Mo
Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM

I'm so sorry for not posting sooner. You are an inspiration and truly someone that leads by example. We have to make difficult choices in life sometimes and we can only pray they are the right ones.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful visit with Camellia and the landlord being so nice! I'm sure it's not all altruistic, but still. Things have a way of working out.

Change is hard, but it's also good for us to know that nothing remains the same. We have to know how to adapt. Thank you for such an elegant reminder.
Mel