Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:20 AM

Default Re: Otis Farrell July 24, 1999 - October 4, 2013 RIP

I'm so sorry to hear that sad news. I hope you'll be comforted by the lovely memories you have of Otis and knowing you did all you possibly could for him.
Antonia
Old 10-05-2013, 04:51 AM

My heart is on fire...I have no words. We have all been together for so long....Otis was "ours"....

So glad you were with him....so sad he is no longer physically by your side...

Tami, Sydney and soaph
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:48 AM

Bill,

My thoughts and prayers are certainly surrounding you today. What a WONDERFUL caretaker you where for sweet Otis. I always appreciated your help and comments and please know that we are all here to listen and share in your grief.
Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:09 AM

Bill,
My thoughts are with you and I hope that all of your wonderful memories of the time you had with Otis will bring you comfort.

Emily
Elliot is a 25 lb. min. schnauzer, 10 yrs. old, dx 3/2013. dx Cataracts 8/2013 resulting in loss of sight. AlphaTrak 2 Meter with Freestyle Lite strips. Hills W/D glucose management kibble with add ins of poached chicken and Beneful soft food.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:53 AM

Bill
My heart just sank when I saw your post. I am so very sorry for the loss of your buddy Otis. We all know what you boy meant to you.

I am going through the same with Cleo and I dread that day will also come for her.

Sending you a big virtual hug. Run pain free Otis

Louise
Old 10-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Oh Bill! The loss of a best friend like Otis has to hit hard. They love us unconditionally and that isn't something easy to lose. I am praying for comfort and peace in this time of loss. I am so sorry.
Mel
Old 10-05-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrwf View Post
Otis Farrell July 24, 1999 - October 4, 2013 RIP

Otis passed away peacefully in his dad's loving arms at 5:30 CDT today.

This battle was one we couldn't win. Thanks to all of you, it wasn't diabetes which claimed Otis, but congestive heart failure.

I'll fill you in with the details in the next few days. Right now, I'm devastated by the loss of my best friend.

Again, thanks to all!
So sorry for your loss...he knew how loved he was...may he run free know...
sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...
Old 10-05-2013, 08:47 PM

hi Bill, I thought about you a lot today. I went to a gathering and the only dog there was a pug.

what a spirit this little guy was. made me think of the photos in your album of Otis when he was a pup. while I was watching this little guy today and starting to know and care for him in the short time I was with him brought home how difficult it is when you lose the larger then life personality dogs as I think O was.

I know he was faltering towards the end, but am sure he still had a very large presence.

Post when you feel up to it, just wanted you to know you, O and the.....larger then life pain that you are feeling now were on my mind today.

Tara
Old 10-06-2013, 06:34 AM

Hey Bill
Just logged on to see this - been off for a bit, fighting our own challenges here.
So very sorry for your loss of the Big O.
So honored to share his Birthdate 7/24 as well
A fighter and sweetheart he was..
RIP Otis Farrell - you are loved

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart
Old 10-06-2013, 09:16 AM

Even though I have only just joined this group. please allow me to say how sorry I am for the loss of your little guy. Any time one of our furkids passes over the Bridge, it tears a hole in our heart. Sending healing to you.
Trooper age 12. Meds: Thyroxin .45 twice per day. Diabetes diagnosed Sept 2013. Starting Humulin dose 6 units 2 x day, now at 7u. Food: Home cooked chicken/turkey and veggies. Eggs/cottage cheese/salmon on occasion