Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:26 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Maggie. She was so loved. But she is running free of illness in the sunshine

Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann
Old 06-21-2016, 10:21 AM

Oh Amy, I am so sorry to read about Maggie. You two have such a bond, I imagine yesterday was awful for you, but I'm just as sure that she knew how much you loved her. You have been fighting for her for a long time now. You both have been so inspiring!

I'm sending up prayers for comfort and peace for you.
Mel
Old 06-21-2016, 10:44 AM

Dear Amy,

I am so sad for you over miss Maggie's passing. One of the things that has helped ease my grief, is thinking of fond memories. I don't know if this will make you smile or not, but I wanted to share this post you made back in 2013. This is the Maggie story that will stay with me forever:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amydunn19 View Post
So, when people post here about their dog eating forbidden food, I was always grateful that Maggie never even tries to get our food, even if we drop it on the floor in front of her. So, today I had to stop at the pharmacy on my way home. I had gotten the very yummy honey glazed ham for Thanksgiving at the grocery and had the dogs with me. I came out to the car to find her face in the ham bag chowing down! Her face hair is the color of that glaze they put on the ham.
And then just a week or two later Bazzle jumped up and stole 2 pumpkin pies I had made! His face was covered with pie filling, and there was a piece of the crust on his head like a hat. They surely must have been in cahoots with eachother
The mental image of Maggie covered in ham glaze and Bazzle covered in pumpkin pie will always make me laugh (even though at the time it wasn't funny). I'm sure Maggie and Bazzle are hanging out and eating Thanksgiving dinner tonight.

They will be in our hearts forever. Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family, and a big kiss skyward for sweet little sassy Maggie,

Audrey
Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:16 PM

Amy

Your the best

Thinking of you

Run free Maggie

Mo

Last edited by Riliey and Mo; 06-23-2016 at 08:26 PM. Reason: natalie edited my post sorry it sounded so stupid
Old 06-21-2016, 12:41 PM

Thinking of you Amy. Maggie is a once in a lifetime dog, so glad you got to share it with her, and her with you.

Barb
Old 06-21-2016, 12:44 PM

I was so sorry to hear about Maggie. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know Maggie is happy now and would want her mom to not be sad. God Bless.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:19 PM

Amy. so sorry to hear of your loss. Maggie was a tough little girl and is now playing like a puppy on the Rainbow Bridge. I hope all of your beautiful memories sustain you and stay in your heart forever. Take care!
Old 06-21-2016, 05:39 PM

Lil Miss Maggie, shaking snakes at the bridge,
and a different set of dress up wings everyday or sometimes more than twice a day.
Outfits are endlessly endless at the Rainbow Bridge

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart
Old 06-21-2016, 08:53 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Monday was one of the worst days of my life, without question. Friday through Monday was just filled with anxiety and emotion in preparation, but Maggie had some really great last days. She was eating well and her blood sugar was really good. I continued our routine because I did want to keep her an eye and not push her blood sugar through the roof and I didn't want to give her the "bad" treats - wouldn't be cool to give her pancreatitis with days still to go. But she did get doggy yogurt three meals a day and her chicken she loved. On Monday, she got peanut butter cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and her name in pink. She loved every bite. We went to the park and to our lake house without the other dogs and she sat in my lap and slept wrapped up in my arms every night. The time just flew by and I was so scared - I didn't think I could hold her during the procedure but I did. Our vet gives an anesthetic before to make them sleep then the other shot. It went faster than I thought but it was peaceful and left me with at least that ending rather than suffering. One of my dear friends picked up Mya and Zoe - goofy Zoe would never have been the wiser but Mya would have freaked out. She is such a sensitive dog and she would lay down for hours by Maggie when she felt bad or was sick.

The only relief is the horrible anxiety and I just feel empty now. I went to Memphis today which is a couple of hours because I wasn't ready to face work without her but I couldn't sit in the house because they would have been unbearable. I wish I could run away tomorrow too but I will need to go in for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post

Also - yesterday was a full moon on the summer solstice - The Strawberry Moon. This last happened in 1967 and won't happen again until 2062.
I was born in 1967....go figure.

We have been looking at all the pictures and as we glanced back over the ones from the last couple of days, I was struck by how bad she looked. In fact, I started to worry that I waited too long. They are quite pitiful looking, but she looked happy and at ease, basking in the attention.

Audrey - we were just telling that Turkey story about her on Monday. I could write a book with all of Maggie's adventures. She was such a hot mess.

Judi - she always was like a tornado, leaving a path of destruction, so nasty weather will always make me think of her. And garbage cans. And ripped paper. And overturned boxes. Basically a ransacked house.

I should have told her not to be killing snakes at the Bridge - if all types of animals are there, I would hate to see that she was kicked out for rooting out the vermin or thinning the snake population. Hopefully, she has an assortment of beautiful dresses and tiaras to wear.

Thanks guys for all of your support - I know you understand where I am at, more so than any of my friends and family here. I just wish I could stop crying so much. I normally tend to internalize sadness but this is so immense and profound, I can't seem to stop. This stops eventually, right?

Last edited by amydunn19; 06-21-2016 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:49 AM

Ammy,

Im very new here but was so sad to hear about your loss. You were an awesome mom to her, and I'm sure she was very happy with you! You did all you could to make her be well, and I'm sure you now have another angel with you