• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rick and Lucy, our rescued cattle dog

What a wonderful story and Lucy is a sweetheart

Comment

What a very special day to remember!

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

I'm late sending my happy wishes to Lucy, Connie, and Dr. David!

How it can have been three years ago... I have no idea.

Natalie

Comment

• Happy Fourth Gotcha! Day...

Today is Lucy's FOURTH anniversary of going to her forever home!
          She is 11YO this year. Still a youngster by Cattle Dog standards.

Dr. David sent me this today. Doesn't she look wonderful? Sniff.... allergies...

Comment

Aw.... our lovely Lucy! I was thinking about her just the other day.

It is very sweet of Dr. Dave to remember to send you updates about our girl periodically. As much as it means to me, having never met her, I can imagine what it means to you!

We went by the place where we found Hank, a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix, on Christmas Day in 2006 or 2007. We couldn't keep him, but damn, I really wanted to. I think of him all the time and wonder how he is doing. One of the hardest things I ever did was deliver him to the rescue even though I knew it was the right thing. And I only spent a week with him...

You are such a good man Rick... Lucy was lucky to have you.

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
              Aw.... our lovely Lucy! I was thinking about her just the other day.

Lucy was lucky to have you.

Natalie
              Other way around. I consider myself blessed to have had her in my life if just for a short while. It hurt to say goodbye but I know in my heart it was best for her.

Rick

Comment

WOW! Four years already! We have all been together a long time!!!!

So glad you got a fresh picture of her!!!
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Happy Anniversary to Lucy! She looks so good. You were definitely both blessed
                  Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Here she is. I knew we had a newer post about her somewhere.

Comment

• Re: Happy Fourth Gotcha! Day...

she looks great!!! so nice you can still see how she is Rick!
                      Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

• Lucy has gone to The Bridge 4/21/2014

I feel like such a douche. I haven't checked my email for a few days.

Lucy passed on to The Rainbow Bridge on April 21, 2014 from liver & kidney failure.

I'm kind of a basket case right now. She was only with me for four months but she was such a special girl. I feel so blessed to have known her. She was one of those dogs that comes along once in a lifetime but only if you are really, really lucky.

Thanks to her Syndicate and Dr. David & Connie she had 5 wonderful years of love and devotion she probably wouldn't have had.

Dr. David sent this...

Rest in Peace, sweet girl.

Comment

What??? No! Oh my. I am speechless.

Thanks for stopping in and letting us know. She is one of "our" babies...

Hugs to you...
                          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

• Re: Lucy has gone to The Bridge 4/21/2014

I'm so sorry! . It's always so sad to lose our pups, but somehow losing those that have taken over our hearts...I'm not sure they have a word for that. I'm sorry you've lost one of the special ones!
                            Mel
                            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

• Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel April 21, 2014

Oh no... I had the most terrible feeling, actually, when I saw you online and I was expecting this news.

I am so very sad. But I know that Rick and Dave and Connie and everyone involved in rescuing Lucy gave Lucy the best five years of her life. I was honored to have been involved in a small way.

She was so lucky to have gotten out of her previous home and to be enveloped in love and special care. She was a really really good dog and the earth is a poorer place without her.

Godspeed sweet Lucy.

Natalie

Comment

• Re: Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Awe, Rick. I'm so sorry to hear this. She was a very special girl and will be missed by so many who became her family. Sending you, Dr. Dave and Connie our deepest sympathy.
                                Rest in peace sweet Lucy.
                                Patty
                                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X