Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:12 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle

oh judi . it sounds like it was time for miss jenny to move on . she had so many challenges . she was a tough old girl and you have to respect that .

you guys did a wonderful job giving her a good dogs life and i was impressed at how you addressed the challenges that popped up . i know its because you loved her so

lots of hugs to you and your family and a kiss to miss jenny on her new journey
Old 11-10-2014, 09:29 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Such a sad time, but you know you loved her and cared for her and she knew it too. She is happy and healthy now at the Bridge with all those other much loved furbabies.
Hugs to you and yours.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:58 AM

gasping for thoughts and trying to type through the tears - know how very sorry we are for your (and our) loss.....The Diva was ours and we loved her so...

Sending you hugs and holding on....

Tami and Soaphie
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Founding Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Jenny. She is running free at the Bridge with many of her friends.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann
Old 11-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Sorry for the loss of your sweet Jenny. Run free Jenny.

Mike and Lily
Nulo Adult Trim Cod & Lentils, Pumpkin, FortiFlora, Dasuquin, Thyroxine
Old 11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Judi,

I am just at a loss of what to say here. I knew things weren't going great with Jenny but like she always does, I figured she would make a comeback in grand fashion. I guess it was just not there this time. I really hoped Jenny and Maggie would continue to be the old lady divas around here.

I have been trying to think of a way to really express my condolences but everything I write is just not sufficient. My heart is breaking for you. Hopefully, I will be able to say something more meaningful and intelligent later but right now, I am just a tear faced mess.

Love,

Amy and Maggie
Old 11-10-2014, 10:47 AM

I am so sorry, Judi. (((hugs)))
Run free sweet Jenny.

Jake
13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016
Old 11-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi View Post
She says she will see you on the other side and to please bring treats and belly rubs!
Judi,
You are so brave. I love how you find a hint of positive in such a heartbreaking situation.

My eyes are filled with tears and my heart breaks for you. I loved reading Miss Jenny stories and will miss her spunk. I was another who thought she was one of those dogs who could overcome anything. I'm in complete and utter disbelief that she is gone. Sending prayers to you and your family and sending you lots of strength to get through these next few days. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Miss Jenny will be missed by all.

Holli
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 11-10-2014, 01:05 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet girl. I don't post here too much, but I stop by almost every day and read posts. I always liked to read Jenny's thread.
You are now pain free little Jenny. Say hello to my Boo & Heidi at the Bridge.
RIP Jenny

Carol & Milo
Old 11-10-2014, 01:51 PM

Judi,
I suspected something wasn't going right when I checked last week and saw you haven't posted any updates for quite awhile. My heart breaks for you because I know how much love and support you've given Jenny especially during the hardest of times.

I can't really think of any words of consolation at the moment but please know you and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be during this difficult time.

Sadie has not been well these days either and I think she will be joining Jenny sooner than later.

On a personal note I just want to thank you for all your words of encouragement and to say I really appreciated the sense of humor that you maintained throughout.

Hopefully you can take some solace in the fact that Jenny is no longer suffering and that finally she can eat and drink whatever, wherever she wants and all the medicines and shots are no longer needed!

It's time to take care of yourself now...
Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg