Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

thanks Danielle. I know what you mean. I hate to see "our" dogs pass on
Old 12-07-2014, 12:38 AM

Thinking of you and sending hugs to you and a pat for Jenny!!!
Old 12-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Founding Member

Thanks Jas. it's been a sad week. But we finally got her ashes so she is home. Ranger is not dealing with her loss very well. Lots of accidents and he clings to me. It's weird not to be dealing with insulin and testing. We need to get past the sadness. Hugs to all of your dogs.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:08 AM

Sending hugs to you and a virtual treat for Ranger
Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years
Old 12-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Founding Member

glad jenny is home judi . my brothers dog scooter is still on the mantle after passing a couple years . i just dont think there is a rush to find that special place . i think there spirits will let you know when and where they want to be .
it shows how dogs do get attached to there brothers and sisters . i think the change in routine has to be a bit overwhelming . most things like when your kids leave home can be on a gradual coarse but an abrupt end to something done everyday for years must be perplexing . i try to prepare myself for that inevitable out come but i think thats just not possible. i am sure i will be wondering around trying to figure out what to do

ranger will slowly find a place of acceptance and so shall you and the family . its got to be a bit weird going from one reality to the next . yes dogs have many illnesses and challenges that can bring us close to them and rely very much on there survival but diabetes is another kind of animal . i think because we can have such a big impact on there lives outside of the vet so our responsibility is so great
Old 12-13-2014, 11:35 AM

I remember when I picked up Decker's ashes. I thought it would be difficult but I surprisingly found peace in being able to bring him back home. Glad Jenny is back with her family.

Poor Ranger - he is lucky to have you there to comfort him - as I'm sure he does the same for you.

The grieving process is so varied from individual to individual. So sorry you had a sad week - wish there was a magic wand to make things easier.

Thinking of you and sending you a virtual hug.
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 12-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Founding Member

Thanks Laura Jessegirl and Holli. There is peace having her home and we will be fine. I hope you guys are right about ranger. He's always been a weirdo. He is back to howling when I leave. If wade is home he'll sit on his lap and howl. He wears his heart on his sleeve.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:23 AM

Like you Judy, I felt much better when' Otis ashes arrived back home. He's on the mantle for now, and will be with me when I'm buried.

Still tear up every time I drive by his doc's office because it brings back memories of our last day together. Happens every time I go for a haircut. Don't mind anymore, .... just have it little chat with the little fella to let him know I'm still his #1 fan.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 12-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Founding Member

Bill I'm glad it isn't horribly sad for you any more. I know Otis was a special guy. My hat is off to you voluntarily doing the diabetic pug thing again.

It is nice to have her home. And not in pain
Old 12-14-2014, 12:48 PM

Awe Judi sooo nice to have Jenny girl home. Glad you have your Ranger you and your hubby. Its always nice to have 2 animals.

we had a terrible snowstorm Riles went around in circles one way so he could lift his leg to pee, he,s a leg lifter, then made a circle the other way to poo. I got crazy eights all over the back yard lol. The snow compacted his underbelly legs even with his snow suit on, took hours to melt the big snowballs with a towel.

Lifting you up my friend

mo