Patty's Ali - my precious, beautiful angel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Patty's Ali

Been walking the halls better but she wobbles and gets off the path sometimes resulting in a fall (I know bad mom for taking a photo before helping her up )

Also took this on Monday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPlPdhCFLEw&feature=plcp
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Make that a 4 on the dittos,
      still a very pretty girl even in a sprawl
      Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

big improvement in her walking

glad to see some progress
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Oh so nice to see her cruising around. Thank god for that neurologist!
          Tara in honor of Ruby.
          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubytuesday View Post
            BTW, you are an inspiration to me not only with you care of Ali, but how clean your environment is. My goodness even the canoe storage area is spotless!
            Truly....I have started cleaning.
            Oh, and Tara the camera is kind and doesn't pick up the tufts of dog hair that accumulate along the sides of that hallway if I'm not on top of it every other day!

The gal we got her from used to say, "If you don't want dog hair in your soup, don't get a golden!" Definitely a fact of life with long GR hair.
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Haha! Ali tumbleweed
              Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

Hahaha I know how you feel with the tumbleweeds!! Heidi is a chow/ Sheba inu mix..... Talk about shedding!

Looks like promising progress Patty! Ali is like an energizer bunny... She's not going to give up willingly!!

Sandy

Comment

She is looking more like the teenage that she is...loved seeing her walk around a enjoy some good sniffs!
                  Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

She just surprised the heck out of me tonight. At hour 3 she got restless...Bg 290s...decided to get up (with help) and then walk straight to the front door. We often used to walk at this time when her bgs allowed it. She was able to walk 3/4 of our little cul de sac then straight across back home.

She tried to sniff her usual fire hydrant haunt but the rocks made her collapse.

Got real itchy once home...hope her bg isn't stalling.

But, wow, that's huge. Less than a week ago I drove her over there desperately hoping she would pee and when my husband was home the next night he carried her for me when she just wasn't going (not that it was successful but she definitely couldn't walk it).

Encouraging...

Comment

you go girl!
                      Tara in honor of Ruby.
                      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Ali you look great in the video! Hope you are feeling better . What a difference from last week. Hugs cj
                        Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

very encouraging. go Ali!
                          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Sure looks like she's getting stronger. Keep it up, Ali!
                            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Wow, what a difference.

I watched the video twice and could not believe the difference. What progress.

Is she still on antibiotics for the eColi infection?

You go Ali, keep it up. You go Patty and Tim

Louise

Comment

Thanks all. I took a few videos today as well I need to process so I can send to the Neurologist.

She is still on the Baytril Louise. Has a 10 day course but it usually takes about 3 weeks for her to clear UTIs. I have a call into my vet to see what he thinks about extending.

Comment

Working...
                                X