Bailey got his wings... June 26, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Regulating Bailey

Prayers for you and Bailey. Understand the, 'hoping for the best and preparing for the worst' concept. Keep us posted! Hugs to you both.
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Thanks for the messages. I'll be sure to pass on some hugs.
      Geoff & Bailey - 15 September 2002 - 26 June 2014 - Went to the rainbow bridge. He will be sorely missed - Love you Bailey 11 y/o Spoodle dx Dec 2011 - 18 units of Protaphane, 5 units of Humalog, on Prednefrine Forte for his cataracts and Cosopt for his glaucoma

Comment

Prayers for Bailey.
        Ben wgt. 45 lbs. Puggle diagnosed 1/15/14 Hills Science Diet W/D with smaller topper of wet Novalin-N 13 units b.i.d.

Comment

Oh boy, praying for Bailey Geoff!
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Aw... hoping for good news from the biopsy. What kind of tumor do you think it is?

Met a lab Zoe today while taking Katie to the vet. Zoe had some kind of tumor removed from her neck and apparently most of her ear canal removed. I didn't ask about the prognosis but she seemed happy. She was at the vet because the incision had opened up for some reason so they were cleaning it out.

Fingers, toes, whiskers, tails, and ears here are crossed for a good outcome for Bailey.

Natalie

Comment

Hello Natalie. Thank-you. I believe it is the nasty type on his larynx. I forget the name. At this stage it is a "lump" but the vet is concerned and it's in the right spot, Bailey is the right age (11.5) plus his overall health is not good. I think I have received a "sign" from him as I asked him (Bailey!) the other night if he has had enough. He has never been the same since losing his eyesight. I'll be honest it has been 25 years (I'm 41) since I lost my last dog and she got hit by a car and was only 1 year or so old and I wasn't as nearly attached to her as my beloved Bailey. I find this whole thing very hard and my heart goes out to all people who lose a loved one, be it pet or otherwise.

I swear I have grieved for Bailey 3 times over! He has been through a lot over the past few years and boy does time fly. He is lying beside me now in the study, waiting for his dinner, he LOVES his food! I swear that it the highlight of his day and why not! Anyhow, enough sadness for now. I have given him and will continue to dish out many many cuddles and pats from both myself and you all. Thanks - Geoff
              Geoff & Bailey - 15 September 2002 - 26 June 2014 - Went to the rainbow bridge. He will be sorely missed - Love you Bailey 11 y/o Spoodle dx Dec 2011 - 18 units of Protaphane, 5 units of Humalog, on Prednefrine Forte for his cataracts and Cosopt for his glaucoma

Comment

Hugs and pats from us Geoff

Riley had two fatty tumors removed 2010 non malignant
                Good luck
                Enjoy ur dinner Bailey
                Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

You guys are great. He certainly enjoyed his dinner! Yes he has a few fatty lumps elsewhere (1-2) so fingers crossed, I always think the worst and Google is NO help, it will find what you WANT to find!

Comment

Hello all. Taking Bailey to the vet tomorrow morning for his eye check and results of biopsy. I know in my heart though that he is not well so either way I think his time is up. He has had a bad week. Would you believe it was two years ago I took his first blood sample thanks to you awesome people on this forum. You have helped him, and me so much and for that I give thanks.

Prayers for my little angel.

Geoff

Comment

I am sending positive thoughts your way!

Amy
                      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
                        Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

Prayers for you both, Geoff!
                          Patty
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Oh Geoff, I have been trying to think of the right words....

I know how much he means to you.

Please let us know so we can help you through or hopefully celebrate good news.

You will both be in my prayers.

Tara
                            Tara in honor of Ruby.
                            She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                            Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Hello all,

I got the results and its a tumour near his thyroid but cancerous? They cannot say from a needle biopsy 100% certain. The vet seems to think it's free-moving and so that is better than an attached mass. It's his eyes at the moment, his left eye was great but now its gone rotten, cataracts are so evil. He has glaucoma in both eyes now but his left one is quite sore. He did a wee in the house this morning and a #2 the other day. Poor little sausage is not well. He is on 3 sets of drops, one for his cataracts to reduce overall pressure, one to reduce fluid production to help with glaucoma and in his left eye antibiotics for help with his sore eye! I shall keep monitoring him with the vet but overall it doesn't look good.

Geoff

Comment

So sorry for poor little Bailey (and for you too Geoff)
                                Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Working...
                                X