No announcement yet.

Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Introducing Maggie - Diabetic 8 years!

Audrey,

You have no idea how much I needed to hear that right now. I am going to find that book. Thank you!

Amy
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you.
      Rusty 28lb male mixed breed. 7 1/2 units Humulin N 2x a day,Purina EN Fiber Balance, string beans and 2 cubes of chicken breast as a treat after injection. Afternoon snack of his kibble,string beans and a cube of chicken breast. AlphaTrak 2. Diagnosed with diabetes March 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by amydunn19 View Post
        I watch her try to eat, drink and get around and I know without any hesitation that this is the kindest, most humane thing I have ever been able to do for another living creature but I can't help but feel like I am betraying her just a little. I have spent just short of 9 years trying to save her from her failing body and now I am ending it.

Is this normal?
        Absolutely. I felt that way about Sparky for months. It was only after I let him go, and close to a year later finally got the courage to look at pictures of him near the end, that I was certain that I had made the best choice for him. Even though he and I had fought hard in the end, it was time. See, it's not truly us (you or I or any other dog parents) ending it. It's just allowing them to go.
        Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

Today I finally got the sign I have been hoping for. When Maggie and I were much younger, and I would be sad or upset, she would crawl in my lap and lick my face very lightly but she would do it until I was feeling better. She has not been affectionate in a couple of years, due to probably dementia and losing her vision. This morning, she was up on my lap and I was just very softly talking to her. She suddenly started licking my face like crazy, and she was doing this kind of whining noise but not in a sad tone(if that makes sense) - she did this for a few minutes. I took it as a sign that she was letting me know it was okay - that she knows I am doing this for her.

It maybe is a case of seeing what I wanted to see or maybe my face just tasted good, but I am going to take this as a sign and go with it. It has given me a bit of peace.
          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I'm glad she let you know and that you had some sweet time with her.

Natalie

Comment

such a beautiful moment amy

they do know our heart

me an jesse are with you and maggie
              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

• Sending more hugs your way,

I'm glad to hear that Maggie was able to let you know that everything will be okay. Communicating with our fuzzy kids is such a special thing, and so comforting during times like these.
                I am crying for you, and keeping you and Maggie in my heart,

Audrey
                Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

You guys have such a bond. She knows. Hugs
                  Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I am so glad Maggie was able to take care of you this time. As it was so sudden and out of the blue....and with the whining- she was definitely trying to convey something.

I envy the dogs sometimes because they don't second quess themselves like we do, they just know.

I believe leaving this world isn't as traumatic for dogs as it is for us in and of itself. I think the difficult part for them is leaving us and how it tears us apart. We feel such a responsibility to them, to save them even from the inevitable, but for them I think it truly is the cycle of life.

I will be thinking of you as I have been, and sending love to Maggie.

Tara
                    Tara in honor of Ruby.
                    She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                    Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Will be thinking of you and Maggie today, Amy.
                      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Yes, My thoughts and strength are with you also.
                        Tara in honor of Ruby.
                        She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                        Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Thinking of you today, and always, Amy....and our dear, sweet, sweet Maggie...
                          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

• Re: Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

I'm certain it was Maggie letting you know that it was time. She wanted you to know that she was ready and that someday she will see you again. In the meantime, she can see, and she can run, and eat anything she wants to. She has a great appetite (along with a high metabolism to burn everything off). She was greeted by so many friends at the bridge and they are showing her the ropes.

Sending a kiss skyward to the newest, brightest star in heaven.
                            Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

I have thought of nothing but you and Ms. Maggie today. {{Hugs}}to you, Amy.

Run free little girl...run free with all those other angels. I will look for your star tonight right up there with all my furbabies that were there to greet you.
                              Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
                              10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

Amy, I know you must be devastated, and you have my deepest condolences. Godspeed to you, Sweet Maggie.
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X