Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chia and glucose control

Hello Everyone,
    I haven't been on here for a while. Lolie Anne is doing so much better at these insulin shots then Rockey ever did. I am still shocked that between my ex and I we have had 5 min-pins with it and only 2 are siblings. Rockey has been gone for 2+ years and the 4 still here 3 have diabetes.
    I was reading about chia seeds and how they control glucose has anyone tried them in their baby's food? If so please tell if it has helped.
    She is fine but if I can keep her full a little longer and give her some more nutrients ..I am IN!!
    Thanks
    ---------------------
    Cheryl & Lolie Anne 8 yr old min-pin, 14 pds DX 8-25-16
    starting Novolin N (now 3 units) Hills w/d canned and dry. Lost Rockey 8-28-13 to diabetes and Lolie was DX the same week 3 yrs later.

Re: Chia and glucose control

funny you ask, I was reading the same thing. I started out with 1/8 teaspoon in both my pugs meals. Her glucose is well controlled, but I wanted to bulk up her meals. I also put 1/4 cup cooked green beans in it. Carol
    Shana 25lb 11y/o pug novolin n 12 units 2x's daily. Dry vet glucobalance 1/2 cup, 2tbs wet glucobalance, 2tbs chicken liver and 1/4 cup cooked green beans to keep her full @ insulin times.

Comment

Re: Chia and glucose control

its great everything is going well . a pat on the back keeping a diabetic min pin happy or at least accepting of the routine and so many

as long as what your giving doesnt affect things in a negative way then its ok to give hard to say how it affects diabetes many people have give one additional ingredient to there dogs diet and it made a world of difference balancing things out but as you know this disease is so dog individual what works for one may not for another

always good to keep searching and exploring to help our pups have a stable happy dogs life
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Working...
      X