Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

Chase those rabbits sweet Jesse! Manna from heaven. I love it
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

nice to hear from you patty . you and ali were always such an inspiration for us
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Time for an update on jesse

Its her 8th year being diabetic and she is doing well . We did have a problem not eating a few months back . As we all worry about pancreatitis and jesse did have an acute version in the beginning . Well i picked up her meal and fasted her 24 hours . Kind of easy because she is only on one meal . Next day she seemed interested and gave half and the next day she was back to normal . I am thinking being the junk yard beagle she is she grabbed something that did not agree with her . She has been fine ever since

Its been over a year since we have seen a seizure from her epilepsy . She has had it since being a puppy maybe one to three seizures a month . It has been 3 to 4 years where we have seen decline to where today we haven't seen any . Also her anxiety of loud sounds doesnt bother her so much . Today we had a sonic boom and she just sat on the couch . Thats amazing for her as she would be very upset for a while . I thought the anxiety was related to the epilepsy . Did some research on the matter on dogs that may go into some kind of remission as they get older but could not find anything on dogs or humans . Probably because most are on medication and jesse never has

I understand we are not at the beginning of this journey but the back end . Hope there is a bit of length on the road but as you all know we dont know . She is doing well . No psychological problems from a history of seizures (knock on wood ) . She is still out everyday looking for those rabbits to chase and when one pops up its like being a pup again for her and for me to watch
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Nice. Happy to see that jesse is living the good dog life
          Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
          Diabetes: Aug 2013
          Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
          Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

It's so wonderful to hear how well Jesse is doing. 8 years diabetic and she's still going strong chasing rabbits! You've done a good job, mom!
            Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

It's nice to hear positive updates, especially from you oldtimers. Jesse and yourself were a match made in heaven. Hoping you guys have many more years together, enjoying each other.
              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Jesse girl (aka as Wonderdog!) So glad she is doing well.

love her
                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Gives us all hope and belief in what we do. Thanks.
                  Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Jesse appreciates all the well wishes and i let her know as I work for her .

Yes Judi she is a wonder dog . I always thought of her attitude was more cat like than dog so maybe having all those extra lives are helpful

I forgot to add I removed the raw grounded beef heart from her diet as my butcher let me know they were raising it to $ 5.00 a pound . Well we started at .99 cents and then to $ 2.29 and stayed with it but at $ 5.00 the universe is telling me its time for a switch . The funny thing when that day came and she was almost out of beef heart my grocer had a sale for boneless and skinless chicken breast at .99 cents a pound and I said there is my answer to jesses new dinner addition and she agreed and said i like chicken

Now the chicken is cooked I worried about mixing the vegetables with it as the grounded raw beef heart that was easier to do but i added some additional yeast flakes and that got the job done and jesse cleans her plate

Comment

Get the rabbits, Jesse girl, get all the rabbits!!!!
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I love to hear that Jesse and you are doing well. I have not popped in lately, but it was such a joy to see a great update on that rabbit chasing beagle of yours.

Keep up the good work.
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Thanks tami and barb . We were out today . She is so loud . I had a new neighbor who just recently moved in . He came out to say hi and said jesse howling reminded him of hunting with his hound dogs back in Florida . It gave him great joy watching this old gal in action

when we walk by all the other dogs on the other side of their fences they all bark well before jesse gets there . Kind of cheering her on . If i could understand them i would think they were saying go get those rabbits Jesse

Comment

Update on jesse

She is 14 years young today . She continues to amaze me . She is not fly girl anymore ( she would get a running start to jump into the bed ) She tries but misses the mark . She has slowed down a bit which means i can take her off her lead and let her walk free in the desert and not to worried of her running off to the next mountain chasing a rabbit

I have removed the final element of her raw diet which was the vegetables . I cook them now to help with digestion . I also added a milk thistle she had some stool problems earlier in the summer which seems to have been corrected

Her epilepsy including seizures and fear of loud bangs seems to be completely gone . thats been on the decline for some years now . Maybe the higher sugar in the brain may play a part but who knows either way we are very appreciative for that .

still goes for her 2 walks a day and one of them is chasing rabbits . She has lost some neighborhood friends . Thats the problem with getting old and outliving others but there is always new ones that come along

She is doing well and continues to enjoy her dinner and the things beagles like to do which we are happy about

Comment

Happy birthday to jesse girl!

Love that she is doing so well and living a happy dog’s life.

Congratulations to you and jesse
                              Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                              Diabetes: Aug 2013
                              Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                              Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Your little one has been very fortunate having you in her life. Your "all in" dedication to Jesse's well being has been an encouragement to any who have crossed your path on this board. KUDOS to you two! Hoping you guys have many more years together.
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X