Visine or sterile saline solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visine or sterile saline solution

Does anyone know if it is ok to use sterile saline solution in a dogs eyes??

Re: Visine or sterile saline solution

Sterile saline drops should be okay. Dogs can take a lot of the same eye drops people do, like Lacrilube and Genteal.

What is the issue you are dealing with?

Natalie

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
      Sterile saline drops should be okay. Dogs can take a lot of the same eye drops people do, like Lacrilube and Genteal.

What is the issue you are dealing with?

Natalie
      She got some grass in her eyes earlier today while we were gone and her eyes are red and irritated. We got the grass out and she is feeling somewhat better but we want to go and ahead and flush them to make sure we got everything.

She was kinda feeling sluggish earlier because they hurt but she has since eaten, gotten her injection and has gone outside for a bit.

Comment

Yes it is. Here is an article http://www.animaleyecare.net/diseases/ocular.htm
        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

If she squints or shows any further sign of discomfort in the eye, it would be wise to have the vet stain her cornea to see if it got scratched.

I looked at Jack the other day and he had a plant frond stuck to his eyelid and it was sticking out in front of him like an antenna! Silly boy.

Natalie

Comment

We rinsed it a few times last night with the sterile solution. This morning her eyes were basically matted shut, but we got a warm cloth and gently run over the outside and got her eyes open and rinsed one more time. She hopped out of bed and out the doggy door she went to go potty and then in as quick as she could for breakfast and her injection. Lol. Now she is back in bed snuggled with her daddy sound asleep. =). So I'm a happy mommy again, my baby feels good again.

Thanks for the advice and the link. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X