X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shae, or chessie newly dx

Hello , my name is Liz.
    We live in northeast Maine.
    Our 7 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Shae, has just been diagnosed. She's been through a lot to get here. My husband gives her 21mg twice a day, because even though I'm a health care person...I can't seem to do it right....tough skin, short needles, fear of hurting her. And this has been just one week.
    Right now, Shae has Benedryl in her as well as insulin, because she has an itchy rash all over her tummy and her vet said "benedrl". Is it possible for Shae to be allergic to the Novolin N?

Re: Shae, or chessie newly dx

Hello,
    I don't see my post. Is it possible I did it wrong? oh lordy.

Comment

Re: Shae, or chessie newly dx

I see it! an admin might have had to approve it. I think some of the different insulins use different fillers which some dogs have been allergic to. One of Tami's dogs had to use vetsulin due to a reaction from the US insulins.

I wonder if you'd spend the $ to get Humulin which is the same insulin type as Novolin but a different brand if it would be worth seeing if there is a reaction?

It's tough when they are so uncomfortable. Judi
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
      X