Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

It's called liposuction, Craig...and not a lot of fun! LOL

Glad that Annie is doing so well tho after having it removed! That is a HUGE amount of tissue/fat to have removed! That is like having your head removed! Wow! Give her extra hugs from us!
    Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

WOW hope the recovery goes well and she's back in action soon.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Wow! That's huge! So glad she made it through OK! So with that new thin figure, when is she going to hit the runway? Maybe in a form fitting sweater this winter? Hehe just thinking about the sweater convo from earlier this year.

Yay for Annie!
        Gigi - 11.5 year old Jack Russell/Beagle mix - dx 11/11, hypothyroid dx 8/23/12 | Insulin: Novolin N | Frequency: 2x's per day | Dosage: 4-5 units, depends on the day | Blood Glucose Meter: Alpha Trak 2 | Typical BG Readings: 100-200| Regulation: Doing great! | Celebrating 11 years together, 3.5 of those as diabetic |

Comment

I bet she will feel so much better once she is over the surgery healing. OK Annie, no more surgery for awhile! I'm sure your vet has enough college tuition already!
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Morning fasting was 490. Wonder if an insulin reduction might be in order with the decrease in body weight? She is getting the same amount of food, so I don't know. Guess I'll test a few times today, but don't think the results will mean much as long as she is on Amoxicillin and Metacam.

She was uncomfortable last evening, but seems to be much better this morning. Last night, she didn't want to sit or lie. This morning, she is laying at my feet as usual.

Yes Judi, both the eye vet, and her regular vet, have been able to make their boat payments this month.
            Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

That is a huge lipoma, and considering it was bothering her I can see why you decided to have it removed. Abby has one along side, and it fills mythe palm of my hand, but so far does not appear to bother her. I think she would lose that much weight too.

Poor baby. She might have rebounded due to the drugs, as they may have lowered her through the night.

Sending healing thoughts.
              Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Craig, I do believe I helped finance my vet's new (huge and extremely well equiped) clinic...or at least a wing ;-)

I spend so much time at my vet's that they say they need to put a bed in a back corner with my name on it.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Originally posted by eileen View Post

I spend so much time at my vet's that they say they need to put a bed in a back corner with my name on it.
                  You mean you don't have a bed there yet?
                  Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
                    You mean you don't have a bed there yet?
                    haha...I couldn't because I have to go home to care for my other pets, the non-needy (for the moment) ones...

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Morning fasting was 490. Wonder if an insulin reduction might be in order with the decrease in body weight? She is getting the same amount of food, so I don't know. Guess I'll test a few times today, but don't think the results will mean much as long as she is on Amoxicillin and Metacam.
                      Guess Annie's BGs aren't affected much by the Amoxicillin and Metacam! So far.

0700 490 test, feed, inject (2.5U of "R", 7.5U of NPH)
                      1030 194
                      1500 162
                      1730 122
                      1930 124 test, feed, inject (1.25U of "R", 7.5U of NPH)

She is acting much better than last night. Actually brought me her ball to throw. I rolled it about 6 feet, didn't want her to pull a stitch!

Comment

Yay! Annie played! So happy to hear she's interested! Wonder what she must be feeling...lighter? LOL Great numbers, Craig! Hugs!
                        Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

brought me her ball to throw. I rolled it about 6 feet, didn't want her to pull a stitch!
                          That's great. I imagine she feels a whole lot better.
                          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Good to hear... she will be back to her old self in no time at all.
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Hi Craig,

Your conversion between AT2 and Relion meter looks great. Would you share your calculation from Relion meter # to AT2 #? I used AT1 up until yesterday and instead of switching to AT2, I decided to use Relion meter due to easy to use and inexpensive of strips. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnyside View Post
                                Hi Craig,

Your conversion between AT2 and Relion meter looks great. Would you share your calculation from Relion meter # to AT2 #? I used AT1 up until yesterday and instead of switching to AT2, I decided to use Relion meter due to easy to use and inexpensive of strips. Thanks
                                I don't have the data infront of me, but I divide the Confirm reading by 0.7 to get a reading close to the AlphaTrak reading.

OK, I've looked back in Annie's book and found this entry. Same blood droplet:

AT-2 = 126
                                Confirm = 90

I divide the 90 by 126 and get a percentage conversion of 0.71 (round off to 0.7).

Suggest you do a few side-by-side tests to confirm this conversion. I'll try to remember to use both meters this evening and post back to you. Annie has been running a little high the past few days, possibly because of an antibiotic she's been taking after a recent surgery. If her Confirm test is much above 200, I'm not going to waste an AT-2 strip

Comment

Working...
                                X