Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 03-17-2017, 05:47 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Annie & Craig - Getting too smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrwf View Post
Weak batteries is my guess.
Could be. She was back to her normal dosage this morning, and just tested at 96 on the PetTest before dinner. No worries with the 96 because I know she will rise now and her morning test is almost always higher on this dosage.

Craig
Old 05-28-2017, 12:03 PM

Will be an interesting day. We are having a cookout (I smoked a pork butt and beef brisket) and our human son brought his three dogs to play with Annie. Of course, Annie is not having anything to do with them. I'm surprised the three dogs are ignoring Annie. It's nice having active dogs in the house. One is a Boxer (Cooper) who thinks he is a lap dog!

It will be interesting to see if Annie joins in the festivities, and where her blood glucose reads this evening.

Nothing else to report. I'm preparing myself to make "the decision". Blind, deaf and dementia; but she still has good moments.

Craig
Old 05-28-2017, 12:39 PM

Enjoy the day and your moments with Annie The BBQ sounds delicious!
Nulo Adult Trim Cod & Lentils, Pumpkin, FortiFlora, Dasuquin, Thyroxine
Old 05-28-2017, 01:10 PM
Founding Member

one day at a time craig . its been that way with me and jesse for a long time

she surprises me every day

food sounds tasty
Old 05-28-2017, 01:44 PM

Enjoy the day with your furry family and family!!!
Daisy 11 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 5.5 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily
Old 05-29-2017, 07:14 AM

That pork butt should yield some great pulled pork BBQ sammiches, ... the brisket too!! Yummies. EVERYONE needs a little taste.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrwf View Post
That pork butt should yield some great pulled pork BBQ sammiches, ... the brisket too!! Yummies. EVERYONE needs a little taste.
The family picnic was a success. All the pups would have given the brisket a thumbs-up, if they had thumbs.

My "problem" is that at 72 years old I could only manage one pulled pork sandwich and two slices of brisket. 19 hours in the smoker is getting to be too long! Of course everyone had a doggy bag to take home.

Annie didn't participate in the fun. She was warn out getting groomed earlier in the day. My son's Boxer, Cooper, was his typical clown self and had us all laughing. I've added a photo of Cooper to my photo library.

Craig
Old 05-29-2017, 06:13 PM

Cooper looks like a big boy!
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:32 PM

Cooper is a handsome goofball!
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:32 PM

Good to see reports still coming on Annie!