Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 09-11-2016, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Sweet Annie... it can be so challenging with these older pups.

I just talked to my great aunt who lives in Portland and I was surprised to hear that you have had such hot temperatures. Down here in the Sacramento Valley, we had one of the nicest end of August / beginning of Septembers I can remember, rarely above 90 degrees.

Natalie
Old 10-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Here's a recent example of Annie's BG. The 6:30am reading was unusually high, possibly due to a different brand of canned food that I tried on 9-29 and 9-30. Anyhow, it shows how her BG varies during the day with her lowest BG at feeding time.

10-1
6:30 292
10:30 215
2:30 243
4:30 219
6:30 153

10-2
6:30 162
10:30 142

The afternoon might be interesting because we plan to do a little grooming and then take a trip to the doggy self-wash. It amazes me how a 15 year old, blind pup, can fight over grooming and a bath!

Craig
Old 10-12-2016, 11:53 AM

Annie is at the vet clinic (spa?) today. You might recall she had a growth near her right eye. It has grown and I figure it was time to have the growth removed. While there, she will have a dental cleaning and FACE GROOMING (she won't allow us to groom her forward of the ears!)

The house is soooo quiet!

Craig
Old 10-12-2016, 11:59 AM

Wink Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Oh wow Craig,
I always get so nervous when sissy needs procedures
She should get her teeth done again,but I worry about her age and overall health so much...!!
Hope all goes well.I'm sure miss Annie will be glad to get home..Is it a tag on her face
Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylynjm View Post
Oh wow Craig,
I always get so nervous when sissy needs procedures
She should get her teeth done again,but I worry about her age and overall health so much...!!
Hope all goes well.I'm sure miss Annie will be glad to get home..Is it a tag on her face
Not sure what I'd call the growth, something like a wart? It was about the size of a peanut that covered ½ her eye socket. I had to spread the eye open to put in her eye ointment because the growth covered so much area.

Just got a phone call from the vet, Annie is done and will be ready to come home in a couple of hours. Will have to guess at her insulin this evening since she will get a reduced dinner. Thinking ½ dose will be OK.

Craig
Old 10-12-2016, 12:55 PM

Wink Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

glad all is good.... give her lots of hugs
Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:28 PM
Founding Member

glad the procedure went well

Yes everyone gets all kinds of growths and spots as we get older

Not sure if annie will be happy with you at this moment but she always understands its for her own good
Old 10-12-2016, 06:19 PM

Maggie had one a couple of years back - it grew and obviously started bothering her because she kept scratching it and so she would have a bloody eye every time we turned around. It healed so fast.

Hope she does good and has a few treats with her pearly white teeth.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:40 AM

Glad that Annie did well with her "spa day". Jake also had 2 growths that grew right on the edge of his eye lid. I had them removed when they started to rub his cornea.

Jake
13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016
Old 10-13-2016, 06:59 AM

Glad to hear things went well!
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.