Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Fingers crossed her tummy is happy
    Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
      SOLID POOP!

Craig
      Glad to hear it!!
      With an EPI dog you learn to take a close interest in these things. We developed a scale of 1-10 in order to keep a record of how Eddie was doing when his digestion was very bad Sorry - might be TMI if it is breakfast time with you....
      Hope she eats ok this morning
      Antonia
      Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

SOLID POOP! The little things can sometimes make us so happy!
        Craig
        Great deal!!!
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

BMs have been fine, but still isn't eating well. Of course the insulin dosage is "fun" when she eats various amounts. O'well, we are managing

Craig
          Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

SOLID POOP! The little things can sometimes make us so happy!

Linda says I can forget the hard boiled egg for Annie because she has always refused it in the past. I can still have my egg salad sandwich for lunch though.

Will try to withhold her food until dinner to give the tummy a bit of a rest.

Craig
            LOL Hope Annie is over the worst!
            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

I just went back to see how old Annie is now and thought I'd bring up your first post.

09-27-2009
              Our Annie has been diabetic for about a year and I've reading this forum for about two months. Thought it was time to join and share our experiences.

Pets name: Annie
              Breed: Lhasa Apso
              Weight: 16 pounds
              Diabetic since: June 2008
              Insulin: Vetsulin - usually 6 units, twice a day
              BG meter: AlphaTrak
              Food: currently mix of 2 tablespoons of NATURE's RECIPE (Venison & rice) and 1.5 ounces (use a scale) of NATURE's RECIPE (Venison & Rice) dry. Have tried homemade and other commercial brands.

I'll add more info after I see if this post makes it.

Craig, Annie's dad

Comment

Originally posted by k9diabetes View Post
                I just went back to see how old Annie is now and thought I'd bring up your first post.

09-27-2009
                Wow, been a long time!

Just looked up her birthday from her online medical record: Oct 17, 2001. The online records don't show when she was dx with diabetes, but I'm now guessing Feb 2008. Linda & I were living (extended vacation) in the Philippines from Jan-June 2008 and Annie was living with our son. Annie was dx soon after we started our "vacation". Time flys!

Craig
                Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

• Glad things are better, Craig. Every day is a new day with our old girls! Keeping fingers and paws crossed.
                  Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Glad things are better with Annie.
                    Wow, can not believe you have some huge birthdays going on here, as well as huge anniversary. Congratulations
                    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

I hope that Annie is doing better today!!
                      Cari the Cairn. 12 years old, weighing in at 10.4 lbs. 3U of Novolin N twice a day at meal time. Feed 1/3 c. Pure Balance Lamb and Brown Rice + 1 tsp pure pumpkin and 1 tblsp lean meat twice daily. Frozen green beans as treats for taking her bg's and insulin. She is my spunky little girl.

Comment

Time for an Annie update

Dogs and their internal clock! I usually take Annie outside at 11:30pm and am in bed around midnight. Then up at 6:30am to take her out, test, feed and inject. The 6 1/2 hours sleep just isn't enough for an old guy like me. So, last night I moved everything ahead by a hour. You would think I would enjoy the extra hour sleep, but Annie's internal clock had other ideas! At around 5:30am I woke to Annie making "puppy noises" next to the bed: "Dad, it's been 6 1/2 hours and we should be up!" I tried to reason with her that we should sleep for another hour, but she wasn't having it! I heard her leave / return to the bedroom. She brought her stupid squeaky toy and squeaked it for five minutes straight. I couldn't take it and got up a little after 6am.

The good(?) thing was we took a few additional minutes walking around the yard, she tested exactly 100 and ate her entire breakfast. Then I went back to bed for another hour!

Craig
                        Last edited by CraigM; 03-05-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

very funny that miss annie its her way and thats the only way

we are slaves to our fur babies and as long as they are happy we are happy

glad she ate sounds like she still is a spunky girl
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I think you need to take Annie's timex watch away... . Love an Annie update!

Karl is quite the snuggler and would stay in bed as long as I would let him...unfortunately, my internal clock is still on Soaphie/Sydney time...
                            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

It sounds as if Annie has got things well organised and won't tolerate any slacking on your part! Aren't you lucky to have her to keep you in order!

Antonia
                              Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

She's just letting you know everything was fine with her, and you're the one who stepped out of line!
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X