Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

WOW! 10 years! Massive congrats!!!
    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Thanks tami

she just keeps plowing forward
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Awesome... gives me hope for the long haul! Congrats!
        Max is a 17lb terrier mix. Born 1/2014.
        Diagnosed diabetic 3/2018.
        8 units Novolin N twice a day.
        Nature's Recipe Grain Free

Comment

There is always hope Susan . Jesse shows diabetes is not a death sentence and a reduced lifespan .

thanks
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Update on jesse girl

It is her 16th birthday and has been diabetic for 10.5 years . I reduced her dose by 1.5 units down to 6.5 units as she was running a bit low . Her sugar is running from 100 to 150 now. Funny she is almost 6 units under a normal starting dose for her weight . She is doing well for an old gal

She has disproved many myths like the ones I was told when this all began . She could live 3 years ,blind by diabetic cataracts in short order , you cant feed a homemade diet and you have to feed 2 meals a day . So there is allot of flexibility with the disease as long as your consistent . With her lower dose I think it is possible many dogs receive a dose that maybe to much but the body can compensate and do fine. Maybe the only evidence maybe a high number from time to time . May not catch the low number as it may have been short lived .

Jesse also has done some other amazing things . She lived with epilepsy from when she was a pup and went into remission almost 4 years ago . I never put her on medication. Professionals said she could live with the disease for 8 years and there was a 6% chance she could go into remission

So the motto of the story with jesse is if you put some effort into keeping your dog healthy outcomes can improve and by a whole lot . Of course allot of love is helpful and staying positive . I have also taken her lead and have been on a similar path as far as health taking better care of myself as me and jesse do it together . Once again thanks to the forum as I dont think we would have had these outcomes without it
            Last edited by jesse girl; 10-10-2020, 07:06 AM.

Comment

You and Jesse are amazing.

I took the same stance as you- I do what I need to do even if it's not by the "book".

Congratulations Jesse girl and wonderful to hear!
              Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Happy Birthday, Jesse! May you have many more

Comment

Happy Birthday, Jesse! You are an inspiration!

Comment

i was just reading a 2010 post of yours where Patty replied:

there must be a happy medium somewhere. where is this happy medium?

you and Jessie girl found it

Happy 16th birthday Jessie

mo
                    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesse! You are an amazing girl.
                      Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                      Diabetes: Aug 2013
                      Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                      Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful life!

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

Sending Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to an amazing pup, and an even more amazing diabetic pet parent.
                          What a true testament that our dogs, when treated carefully go on to live their long and happy lives.
                          <3

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Thanks everyone for the well wishes . Jesse really appreciates it . Yes mo it seems like a long time ago when this started and then at times it feels like yesterday . Its nice to here form you Eileen . Hope all is going well . As we say with jesse we take it one day at a time and see where it leads us .

Comment

Gefeliciteerd met Jesse's verjaardag.

Greetings from Holland
                              Bart is a Small Münsterlander, born 07-2011, 21 kg
                              Diabetes: okt 2019 Insulin: Vetsulin morning 6.5 and evening 6 units
                              Meter: Freestyle reader and Accucheck
                              Diet: Raw meat with 25% vegetables

Comment

Jesse appreciates her friends from across the pond that support her and she supports them

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X