Just a Dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just a Dog

I have four dogs one that has diabetes, one that is on another meds and just the other two. I started pet sitting to help pay for all the meds. but i love everyone of them and would do it in a minuet.
    Carol Ü

Comment

I think our pets bring out the best in us: tenderness, compassion, patience (), kindness, and so on. I've learned alot about myself while taking care of them, and I would not want to unlearn any of it. 'Course, I don't want to relearn/relive it, either. Just go on from here with joy and thankfulness.

Mary
      Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
      Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
      Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
      Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
        I have four dogs one that has diabetes, one that is on another meds and just the other two. I started pet sitting to help pay for all the meds. but i love everyone of them and would do it in a minuet.
        Carol, you must be one of those pet sitters that we all clamour for because you know how to give shots!!
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Originally posted by MaryLea View Post
          I think our pets bring out the best in us: tenderness, compassion, patience (), kindness, and so on. I've learned alot about myself while taking care of them, and I would not want to unlearn any of it. 'Course, I don't want to relearn/relive it, either. Just go on from here with joy and thankfulness.

Mary

I couldn't agree more. Even though we would all would not like to go through this, the bonding we have with our diabetic pets is so much more deeper than it was before... would not trade it in for anything, and you are so right Mary, they do bring out the best in us.

Sometimes I get anxious when her numbers are high after a test, and she will be sitting there on my dryer, and reach out and give me a kiss (and Abby is VERY stingy with her kisses). It just makes it better, and brings everything in focus.

Comment

This is a really inspiring thread. Makes me feel good! I just read the whole thread again.

Nikki (Carol Ü ) - you have a fabulously wonderful typo - I think you meant " in a minute" - but it came out "minuet," which is a dance! I think we dance with our diabetic dogs - in spirit, in practice too - ohhhh, I can see some bad puns in there!

But it's true that adversity, when we struggle with it, can bring out the best in us, and perhaps also in our dogs. Maybe in different ways - dogs, in dog-style, us, in human-style. I think communication between us and our diabetic dogs develops and sharpens as time goes on, and we read each other better.

Even Camellia, not diabetic, has a lot of lessons for me, since she came, over a year ago now, with severe trauma, so that she was hypervigilant, and startled badly at any motion. She's lost most of that, but when tired or extra-stressed, it shows up again briefly.

Today was my weekly Hunt Day. DogDaddy George came out from the city to stay with Camellia while I went hunting (doing errands; I could never actually hunt!). George usually does that. Camellia absolutely ADORES George; she's all over him! She'd had a three-hour grooming Tuesday, and is still slightly tired from that. When I got home, she suddenly had an attack of the Zoomies. George had never seen that before. Any dog is funny when zooming all around, but somehow, I think Havanese (IF0 - Identified Flying Object) are especially good at Zooming in hilarious fashion. George asked me what she was doing, and I said, deadpan - She has the Zoomies.

But I think she was expressing relief that I was home again - not that she was worried, but she'd had extra stresses this week.

Dogs - are just - AMAZING!

Almost forgot - Barb - what a perceptive remark about any of us could do a good dog-sitting job for a diabetic dog, as we know how to give shots!

(Another ramble!)

Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:24:51 (PDT)
            http://www.coherentdog.org/
            CarolW

Comment

Carol, I love your rambles!

Comment

Working...
              X