Donating Insulin etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donating Insulin etc

I have some of Georges' meds and diabetic stuff that I'm looking to donate. I have contacted local dog shelters & my vet but they are unable to gift it on to someone because it is a prescription medicine?!
    I have a new vial of caninsulin, boxes of needles and his alphatrak glucometer and new box of strips. I am based in Cornwall, UK. Happy to drive within reason as I guess the insulin isn't going to travel in the post very well.

Re: Donating Insulin etc

That's very kind of you to donate your supplies. Bittersweet, I know.

Prescription items cannot be offered here but the meter and strips are fine. Not sure about rules about needles in the UK.

Natalie

Comment

Bringing forward for Brownie

Comment

I have sent a PM.

I would be very interested in the meter and strips if they are still available. I have a One Touch meter but they are being phased out and the strips will at some stage this year become unavailable.

Many thanks
        Antonia
        Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Antonia, I have an AlphaTrak available donated by another member as well.

Comment

Thanks Natalie.

If Brownie's is still available then that's probably simpler as we are both in the UK; I'd be happy to pay postage on the one you have if there is some way of getting payment to you.

Antonia
            Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
              Thanks Natalie.

If Brownie's is still available then that's probably simpler as we are both in the UK; I'd be happy to pay postage on the one you have if there is some way of getting payment to you.

Antonia
              Hi Antonia,
              Here is a bargain to use with your New meter, four boxes of strips for £40, thats 200 strips,
              BE QUICK.
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Freestyle-...EAAOSwtnpXl4-o
              If you are not sure on how to use I will tell you later, JUST BUY THEM FIRST
              Last edited by tonyr; 01-02-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Absolutely Antonia. If it doesn't work out, let me know. I don't think the shipping would be all that much - happy to pay it. It's a brand new AlphaTrak 2, never been used.

Natalie

Comment

Thanks to both Tony and Natalie.

I was ill yesterday so I didn't get to the bargain strips in time but it's useful to know which I will need.
                  I still have a stash of One Touch strips and I am stockpiling them (subject to expiry dates) but I would like an alternative in case they suddenly stop being available.
                  Antonia

Comment

Working...
                  X