Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeda, newly diagnosed

Hi Everyone,

My dog, Keeda, is newly diagnosed with Diabetes. She's a rescue so her exact age is unknown. She was a young adult when we adopted her and she's now ~13/14 years old and should be a bit over 50lbs but she lost a bit of weight this past week. She was "officially" diagnosed on Sunday and she was at the vet all day today getting her insulin dosage worked out. We go in again on Thursday to have her Blood Sugar tested 6 hours after her AM dosage. This is my first experience with diabetes in a dog and I feel so completely lost. I also have so much else going on right now that I'm slightly overwhelmed by everything.

I have a lot of questions, and I see there is a lot of information on this site. I'm grateful to have found it.

I figured I'd make this post to introduce myself to the board and start the "story" of Keeda.

Re: Keeda, newly diagnosed

Welcome to the forum. I copied your post into a new thread http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5739 so that you will have your own place to talk about Keeda.

Craig
    Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

oh ok, thank you. I didn't really see a "member introduction" area... so that's why I posted in here.

Comment

No problem, you did fine. We just use the "Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog" as the area to discuss our pups. Generally, anything you write about Keeda will go into the one thread so that folks can easily go back and see her history.

Craig
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Working...
        X