The Wee Dude Alfie earned his wings 23rd June, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Wee Dude Alfie earned his wings 23rd June, 2015

I got chills when you described how much Heidi is like your wee little guy. I'm so glad you are keeping her!

I've tested my old guy's sugar a couple of times in a panic and so far so good (knock wood). I hope you get similar results.

It is great to see an update from you and we all loved Alfie.

xoxo Judi
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Hey Allison, great to hear from you!!!

I believe when Alfie left for heaven he took a bit of all of us who knew him through you along. I believe
      Heidi made a wise decision to stay with you and your herd. She couldn't have found a better home anywhere.

Hoping things go well for you. Take care.
      Last edited by farrwf; 05-31-2017, 02:55 PM.
      Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

alfie is an amazing story

when i got down with jesses problems i always thought of alfie plowing through his challenges with true grit

amazing dog
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Hi,

Good to hear from you. No one could forget Wee Alfie!

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
            Hey Allison, great to hear from you!!!

I believe when Alfie left for heaven he took a bit of all of us who knew him through you along. I believe
            Heidi made a wise decision to stay with you and your herd. She couldn't have found a better home anywhere.

Hoping things go well for you. Take care.
            Thanks Bill..... The wee dude really did have a huge fan club and so many people really felt the loss when he died. I still miss him every day.

When I picked up Heidi she was called Luna but for whatever reason I kept calling her Heidi and couldn't seem to get my head round calling her anything else. Names have never been an issue before with all the fosters I have had over the years but I just knew she was Heidi. .......

That should have been my first clue she was mine but it didn't occur to me at the time. Her first new family lasted only a few days as she just cried all the times and she would eat sleep or drink so I took her back for 2 nights then she was the same with we next family. I literally couldn't understand it she was not like that with me so it became apparent she would only settle with me.
            I am delighted to have her but it now means I am no longer taking on any foster pups for a while. Heidi and Phoebe have such a strong bond just like Phoebe had with Alfie. If I scratch Heidi on the side of her neck she ends lying on her back for a tummy rub just like Alfie amd if I am out for a while when
            I get home Heidi grans the nearest thing hold in the mouth just like alfie used too xx
            Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

The Wee Dude will always be a part of us!!! <3 Alfie!!!
              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Sounds like the wee dude sent you a sweet girl to keep you company. He always loved the girls.

We lost our non-diabetic schnauzer, Mia, not long ago and compounded with losing Maggie last year, it has been a rough 12 months. After having a schnauzer and a jrt for several years, the house is so quiet. We did take on a jrt puppy but she is not as sassy as Maggie or Mya.

Glad you stopped by and that you have a new dog in your life.
                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Wonderful to hear from you. Alfie wormed his way in many hearts on this forum, as you described all of his antics.

So glad you found a spirited dog like Alfie. Often times they have their own personality, but it seems like Alfie saw otherwise. She picked a great home. It is nice to see you pop in.
                  Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                  X