Little Victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Victories

After posting to so many sad messages today....and waking up every few hours to see if my Pip is still breathing and running after him to check his urine, and worrying when he looks unwell....and all the horrible things we all go through every day....I wish I would have enjoyed the days of regulation more and worried less. Oh, he's still going, but it's been a long time coming to this realization. Maybe it is for some of you too?

When a day goes by without a major issue, when Pip jumps on the furniture to make his presence known to the cats in the neighborhood, when he lays across my lap to fall asleep...I hope I never take that for granted.

To all of you brave souls out there - if no one has said this to you, let me be the first - Thank you for taking such good care of your companions. You've made a difference.

Pam

Re: Little Victories

Well said Pgcor.

I say cherish every day that you have with them.

Louise

Comment

Love it Pam
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

i'd do anything to have forbin back with diabetes. cancer will change your perspective on diabetes
        Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

I agree. I went through cancer with another dog of mine, before we got Blue. With that perspective, the diabetes doesn't seem nearly as scary. It is scary, but after what I saw with Oso, I don't think much could match up to that.

Comment

I agree with Peggy and Tamara. I remember how frightening the diagnosis of diabetes was, and the difficulty of getting Ozzi regulated. In the end, the diabetes was not that big of a deal as long as I monitored his blood sugar religiously and adjusted insulin accordingly. The learning curve was steep for me, but once I got there, it was very manageable. Although Ozzi didn't have cancer, he had a debilitating, progressive neurological disorder that rendered him incontinent, unable to walk, and in horrible pain. I too would do anything to have Ozzi back with diabetes. I at least felt that I had some control over the diabetes, thanks to home testing! Pam, you are right...we all have to enjoy the good times with our pets, and never take them for granted.
            Kevin
            Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Pam, you represent so very well the combined spirit and wisdom of this forum, its owner, moderators, and members. And the spirit that moves and motivates it all comes from our dogs - each such an individual, yet with diabetes - and doGNess - in common.

I've been on many forums related to dogs, and this one is about the finest.

We're a group of humans, talking together about dogs - and, day-to-day, each doing the very best we can, with the focus of diabetes - but that focus extends and spreads in many directions, as we all surely face tough times. We don't have to face them alone; we do so together.

Guess I'm too tired to be making much sense, but I so deeply apprecitate all the posts in this thread. Camellia says, hey, you humans are ones I feel safe with.

And all you dogs, too.

Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:41:33 (PDT)
              http://www.coherentdog.org/
              CarolW

Comment

You're so right Pam. I try to appreciate every day that Daygo plays and wrestles with his "sisters" and I know he's feeling good and having a good day. That little min pin smile makes all the work and worry worth while.

Comment

I havent's seen little Daygo in awhile. It looks as though he's doing quite well! Give him a hug for me!

Comment

Working...
                  X