Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby's Mom View Post
Perhaps have Annie sunbathe in a nice warm spot in the house near a window or door. I'll find Abby sleeping in the sun somewhere, and then do a test.
This is PORTLAND, OREGON; what sun? I half expect to find moss growing on her belly!

Last edited by CraigM; 02-08-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Looks like a sweater then!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 AM

One of the problems those of us with multiple meters have from time-to-time is having test strips expire. I inventoried my stash of test strips and discovered that I have partial containers of FreeStyle Lite strips and AlphaTrak strips that expire this month (too expensive to toss out). Also have unopened boxes of FreeStyle Lite and Infinity strips that expire in April. Also, just opened a box of Relion Confirm strips this week.

Being a cheapskate, I plan to use them all before they expire. Poor Annie, I see many curves in her future!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Founding Member

i have some true trak strips that expire in April i had a 100 i am down to 50

over the last year i also used up my one touch and rellion strips

i am stocked up on jesses prodigy for awhile but yesterday the batteries died lasted over a year not bad for triple-a boy they do act funny when the batteries get low i guess i should make a point to change them every 6 months or get those lithium batteries that last for 10 years .

i do not like to waist either
Old 02-11-2012, 10:03 AM

Arrow Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

I too don't like to waste, but I learned to discard Kumbi's insulin when it was older than 35 days (42 at most), and with those strips, I'd surely learn to discard rather than use them for extra testing. Kumbi did NOT enjoy being tested!

Sat, 11 Feb 2012 09:03:44 (PST)
Old 02-11-2012, 01:11 PM

Run Annie run

Louise
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM

I'm with Louise on this one...RUN, ANNIE, RUN!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:50 AM

CAUTION! If you are not using the AlphaTrak meter, you might want to skip this post. It might cause your head to explode!

Any of you fellow AlphaTrak users still using FreeStyle LITE (FSL) strips? As I mentioned, I've got several boxes of FreeStyle LITE (both the new & old style) that I want to use before they expire. I started a comparison between a box of new style FSL strips and a box of AlphaTrak strips. AlphaTrak strip code is "7", and I left the meter at "7" for the FSL strips.

If I recall correctly, the last time I ran these tests they read within a couple of points of each other. I might be remembering the results with the old style FSL strips. I found a few entries in Annie's log book where I indicated the FSL strip read about 4-10 points higher than the AlphaTrak strip, but that was over a year ago and I didn't indicate if the FSL strip was the new or old style.

My current comparison is with the new style FSL strips. and the difference was a little greater than I had anticipated:

2-11 @ 7:45pm AlphaTrak 203, FSL 179
2-12 @ 7:45am AlphaTrak 135, FSL 108

Anyone else doing comparisons between the AlphaTrak and FreeStyle LITE strips (new or old style) in the AlphaTrak meter recently?
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 AM

Hey I did and do
I will have to go back a bit and take a look also - I will let you know it was awhile back but will look for the info

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart
Old 02-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Too late...head exploded.