Jeb passed June 29, 2017...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jeb

I am so sorry... So sad for someone so young.

Natalie

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear this
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thank you so much, all of you. Your words mean a lot to me. The hardest part of this is seeing how much Richie's mother is hurting.

I've been thinking a lot about this incredible relationship we all have with our dogs and how the diabetes even strengthens it. I don't know how I would get through this without Jeb.
        Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Our pups bring a bit of calm to the chaos of life that's for sure.
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

It’s been a very long time since I was here. Maybe some of you remember my precious Jeb.

We told him goodbye on June 29th. I talked with the vet the day before and we made that difficult decision. Jeb had already told me it was time. About a week before, he began having trouble standing. Then his eating became sporadic. He only wanted to sleep. I sent messages to my children and grandchildren and some friends who loved him. They came over the night before and spent time with him. His last meal was steak and ice cream, which disappeared so fast you wouldn’t have known he was sick.

Jeb was 12 years old, almost 13. He lived with diabetes for five years. He also had liver disease and arthritis. A blood test before he died showed kidney failure and pancreatitis. His leaving was peaceful. I put my head on his head and actually felt the pain and stress leave his body. The vet told me I was giving him the greatest gift I could possibly give him. I have a valentine heart box filled with his fur and I brought his ashes home Saturday.

I want to thank this amazing forum, for the time I was here, for the time since then that I’ve come back and just read about everybody’s babies, for all the love and compassion and wisdom on these pages. I want to thank Natalie for doing this. I want to thank Jj, Jeb’s angel on earth.

And I want to thank my precious Jeb for 12 years of unconditional love. I am so grateful to have been your person. I love you, sweetest boy, and always will.
            Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Just stopped by and was hoping that you would let all know about that wonderful Sweet Jeb.
              The ride to Texas won't be the same, but he will be there in spirit.
              So glad all those who loved him got to say good bye.

Rest In Perfect Peace, Jeb
              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

• Re: Jeb passed June 29, 2017...

Thanks for letting us know Jeb passed. You have my deep condolences and Godspeed to Jeb.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I am so sorry to read about Jeb. I do believe they let us know, we have to be willing to listen. This diabetes thing makes the bond we have with our pups that much closer. You can tell by your posts about Jeb that you had a very close relationship. I am so sorry.

I am keeping you in my prayers.
                  Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

oh we remember jeb you cant forget that face so stoic

sounds like the perfect sendoff. what a good idea to call everyone who loved him to spend that last moment with him how special that must have been
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss of beloved Jeb.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

sounds like a loving send off for a well loved boy. RIP Jeb Judi
                        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So very sad to hear about Jeb but you did an amazing job with him. It takes so much to care for these guys but of course, it is worth every bit. I found when I lost Maggie that I was exhausted mentally and emotionally - I know our pups realize the lengths we went to for them - they just fought to live so hard.

I am sure Jeb is watching over you and will be by your side every step.
                          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Glennys... so very sorry to learn of Jeb's passing. It's so hard to get through, to breath, to come and go from the house. Jeb was obviously a lucky boy to have had you as his person too. Godspeed to him with a kiss from us,

Natalie

Comment

I certainly remember gorgeous Jeb! So very sorry for your loss....your vet is right, it is a precious gift you gave him, even though it hurts so, so, so, much.
                              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Awe Glynnis. Jeb was a lucky boy to have you take care of him.
                                They don't stay with us long enough
                                Steak and Ice Cream what a send off meal.
                                be brave Jeb!
                                Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                                20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X