Duncan McDougal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Duncan McDougal

i wonder if you will apply some of the structure you had with abby do to her diabetes . its kind of changed how i look at things when jesse became diabetic. for the better

yes pictures
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I don't know how I missed this great news- Congrats, Barb! What a cutie pie!
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cara Sandler View Post
        Welcome to the world of puppyhood! Just wait until he's about 6 months old, when his need for sleep diminishes and his energy, if anything, increases. But it's hugely rewarding to watch them grow up. Too bad Doogie and Spirit can't have a play date :-)
        Cara,

It is great to have a puppy again. Sort of makes everything new and fresh again. Yes, I can only imagine, as he gets older, but hopefully we have some guidelines in place by then.

Puppy training classes start in two weeks. I can not wait. I know it is more training for us, then him.

I wish they could have a play date... that would be great.

Barb
        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
          i wonder if you will apply some of the structure you had with abby do to her diabetes . its kind of changed how i look at things when jesse became diabetic. for the better

yes pictures
          You are so right. I feed at 6:00, 12:00, 6:00. Other than the 12:00 does it not sound familiar. I am also feeding either Honest Kitchen (which the little one seems not to like too much, topped with Stella and Chewy's dehydrated raw food... which of couse he loves).

So yes, absolutely. Since diabetes, I look at things so differently with food, treats, schedules. I use to free feed, somewhat of a schedule, and never did much research when it came to food. Those things have changed.

I have taken some videos, so I need to see how I can upload these to share.

Barb

Comment

Barb,
            I'm so happy to read that you are enjoying the new pup! He sounds wonderful and I bet you will all have fun with the upcoming puppy classes. I third that pups are a lot of work - but their energy and love of life sure do help heal a hurting soul.

I look forward to pictures/videos. Please keep us posted on how you are all doing.

Holli
            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Aww so haspy for u Barb. A new puppy is so exciting. He can b Wee Dude Junior. Alfie needs a purse sterling prodigy to follow in his paw steps
              Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Great looking little guy, Barb. He hit the lottery by you adopting him, sure did!
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

https://db.tt/O83qXW2C

More current photo of Duncan,

Thanks everyone. Bill I think I hit the lottery. He is a sweet little dude junior. Alfie would be proud,

Barb
                  Last edited by Abby's Mom; 03-23-2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

He is just adorable!!!!!!
                    Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

a virtual squeeze of the face is in order

quite adorable barb
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

I want a virtual snuggle with that cutie!
                        Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

He looks so snugglie. What a precious pup.
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

With so much saddens as of late on the forum, I thought I would give an update on Duncan.

Duncan is 9-1/2 months, and has been a joy to have in our household. He is the most laid back pup, and the surprising part, is a terrier.

I can not believe the difference between he an Abby. Perhaps it is the difference between males and females, I am not sure. He loves water, to swim... He loves to cuddle, he loves the rain....and he will even walk in a cul de sac, and not know that you back track. He loves agility, and will catch a ball endlessly. Loves to be groomed.

We has completed two puppy training classes, and eventually, I would like for him to complete his canine good citizenship, which is the next step. We took the summer off, perhaps in January we will enroll in a class for preparation.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136794609@N06/

Not sure if these pictures will come through, but here are some recent photos.

Barb

Comment

what a cute boy

my daughter pup a male chihuahua and wired haired terrier is very affectionate and always wants to be with you where jesse is kind of like a kitty where love is on her terms

they can be so different as far a personality and very unique

glad your enjoying mr mcdougle

Comment

he is such a cutie! and will walk around a cul de sac LOL
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X