RECALL: Nova Max test strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RECALL: Nova Max test strips

Healthy Choices: Diabetics should know about recall of glucose test strips ccraft@sacbee.com (Cynthia H. Craft) 07/29/2013 6:17 PM
    Diabetics, for your safety you should check the maker of your diabetes care strips.

If you are using a brand called Nova Max Glucose Test Strips and/or have them in your Nova Max Plus glucose meter kits, get rid of them. Toss them or return them to the store from which you purchased them.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that Nova Diabetes Care is voluntarily recalling the test strips because they may give false results -- specifically abnormally high blood glucose results.

A false, abnormally high blood glucose could, under certain conditions, result in an insulin dosing error that could lead to a serious health risk.

Customers can call Nova Diabetes Care for information on the lot number of their test strips at 1-800-681-7390. Or, check online for the lot numbers being recalled.

Re: RECALL: Nova Max test strips

Click on your country at the left for specific lot # on this page http://www.novacares.com/news/nova-max-recall.php
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

And I just got a mass email from Nova advertising their new direct source website with a 5% discount and a free meter offer (see below). I really like my nova max meter, and so, I hope they get past this issue with their strips.

You are receiving this email because you have requested information or have an existing business relationship with Nova Diabetes Care.

Dear Nova Max Customer,

Nova Diabetes Care is pleased to announce the opening of the Nova Max Online Store with an introductory discount. Enter promo code NDC0713 at checkout to receive 5% off your order. This discount is valid on all orders placed through August 31, 2013.

It is simple and easy to purchase your Nova Max supplies directly from us. All you need is a major credit card and your supplies will be delivered to you.

www.novacares.com/storefront

Limited time, special offers:
      Free Nova Max Plus or Nova Max Link meter with test strip purchase
      Ketone test strip special pricing: $19.99/box (10ct.)
      Free ground shipping when you purchase 4 or more boxes of test strips (can be either glucose or ketone or combination of both)

The Nova Max online store offers:
      Ketone Strips
      Glucose Strips*
      Nova Max Plus Monitors
      Nova Max Link Monitors
      Control Solution
      Lancing Devices and Lancets
      Accessories & Downloads

Need your supplies is a rush? The Nova Max Online Store also offers expedited shipping.**

Bookmark the store and check back often for new specials and promotions.

We're excited to provide you with a convenient and fast way to meet your diabetes care needs.

-Nova Diabetes Care

*Sorry, the Nova Max Online Store does not accept insurance. Nova Max Instant Savings Card cannot be used in the store.

**Extra shipping charges may apply

Shipping to United States only. We do not ship outside the U.S. or to U.S. territories.
      Nova Max Logo

Nova Diabetes Care is a Proud Sponsor of the “AADE Living With Diabetes” DVD Program
      See the Nova Max® Plus and Nova Max® Link in Chapter 4: Glucose Monitoring
      Nova Diabetes Care

200 Prospect Street, Waltham, MA 02454. | Toll Free: (800) 681-7390
      Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Bumping this up. Sorry to have been brief in my initial post - I picked it up from a news report on my phone!

Comment

Working...
        X