Roxy the Boxer - An Angel June 12, 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roxy the Boxer

Thanks guys. I will look into talking with an ophthalmologist for her eyes. Thanks

Comment

Hey guys another quick question. Is it ok to premake her insulin needles? I have a chance to go to Miami overnight and I trust my dog sitter. I just want to make everything easy her for her that I can,

Comment

We have a neighbor that feeds and gives Lily her shot when we are not home. I pre-fill her insulin syringe and leave it in the refrigerator with the plastic cap lightly placed on the needle. You should be OK.
        Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
        Diabetes: Aug 2013
        Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
        Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMurphy View Post
          We have a neighbor that feeds and gives Lily her shot when we are not home. I pre-fill her insulin syringe and leave it in the refrigerator with the plastic cap lightly placed on the needle. You should be OK.

Thanks this will make it easier for her.

Comment

Well guys my roxy isn't doing to well this morning and I'm waiting for the vet to open at 8am.

I don't know what is wrong she seems like she is hurting. She is pacing won't stay still she is breathing and panting heavy. Her eyes won't open but slightly.

I don't know what to do for her . She won't eat.

Comment

I'm glad you are taking her in. could it be pancreatitis? let us know
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Sure hope it's nothing major.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Finger and paws crossed - let us know what they said.
                  Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Sorry about what happen to your dog! I know how hard this situation for you because before my furbaby has been diagnosed of diabetes and after a half years she died. It's sounds like pancreatitis for me. I read this article about dog food for dogs with pancreatitis they have a lot of information there telling how to deal with dogs with pancreatitis hope this can help you.

Comment

Hey guys sorry I haven't posted much but I do read the boards almost everyday. Roxy is doing good with her diabetes. I have noticed her back legs are getting a little weaker only when she is trying to get up first thing in the morning. My other dog brandy ( she passed last year at 16 years old) was having that same problem but was not a diabetic. She used to take glucosamine..

Can roxy since she is a diabetic? I have googled it but I can't find an answer I trust. So I would like to ask you guys before I have to pay the vet to ask this question to.

Thanks

Comment

The glucosamine supplements I used with my Bazzle dog was the cosequin ds sprinkle capsules, because for it didn’t raise his blood sugar at all:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0048...CSL&ref=plSrch

With these you just pull appart the capsule and sprinkle its contents on whatever food you're giving. I tried a few others, but a lot of the chewables have ingredients in them that make them tastey to a pup, which ended up raising my boy's blood sugar.

Best of luck to you,
                        Audrey
                        Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Maggie was on a glucosamine supplement - it was a beefy like chew we got from the vet. It never seemed to affect her sugar and it did seem to improve her movement.
                          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I think my Annie has been on Synovi G3 soft chews for over 2 years.
                            https://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Count-S...chews+for+dogs
                            Hard to prove if these work, or not. She loves the taste, so I'll continue. I give ˝ chew after each meal as dessert. There is also a Synovi G4 version that I might give a try.

Craig
                            Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9˝ years.

Comment

Lily takes one Dasuquin soft chew per day. They do work and have no effect on her BG levels.
                              http://www.dasuquin.com/en/dasuquin-soft-chews/
                              Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                              Diabetes: Aug 2013
                              Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                              Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Thank you guys so much. I will get something ordered right away. Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X