Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 03-16-2014, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Nibbles earned his wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibbles-mommy View Post
It's a different love that I feel for each animal. One can never replace another.
Isn't that the truth. I lost my special Maggie just 6 mo. after losing Ruby. I never would have guessed that would happen and it is just as well. I used to feel guilty enough with all the time Ruby's care took away from Maggie.

I too now have a crazy puppy/dog. When I am sick of having to exercise him to keep our home sane I tell my husband I shouldn't complain because Charlie can never take up as much time as Ruby care did. It will be easier if this winter ever ends. We should be in mud season by now and it will be down to -10 over the next few nights.

I am glad to hear you have allowed another dog into your heart. It can be hard to do after losing a special one.

Tara
Old 03-16-2014, 06:40 PM

Sorry to hear about maggy, Tara.

What can I say, this scruffy looking thing has one me over (not that tough).
Old 03-16-2014, 06:45 PM

OMG Debbie that is one seriously adorable dog!
Old 03-16-2014, 06:54 PM

Thanks Allison! He I gets so filthy. I'm gonna do an update on the other thread on everyone complete with pics.

I lost my job last month so I have a lot of time on my hands. They love me being home, me, not so much.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:58 PM

I agree with Alison, OMG! How could you not lose your heart to this dog.

I will be out of a job soon. I worked this winter at a ski resort and it will be closing shop in a month. Geez, this job hunting at a certain age is almost like dating again, but without the fun.

On the other hand I love being home. I am getting close to having my life back in order after having a diabetic, ect dog for 4 yrs., a child for 9 yrs. and a shopping addiction for way too long. The local charities love me as I continue to clutter clear.

My dream is to make a living through Etsy selling miniatures and dollhouses. I am going to start getting ready for next month to see if I can have some income coming in through that.

Good luck with finding work.

Tara
Old 03-16-2014, 08:06 PM

Your telling me, Tara. This was my first job, I worked there for 17 years. I've never had an interview before either. Everything is online applications, you can't even see anyone face to face anymore. I've been home for 2 weeks so far. I've reorganized the house. Regrouted my marble kitchen floor, baked up to wazoo! If I don't find something soon, my floors are gonna buckle from cleaning them so much. I went to work everyday. Barely took vacations. I don't know what to do with myself. Daytime tv is horrible, too. I go to the gym everyday, which is a plus.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:44 AM

Awe Debbie, I still remember when you posted the news of saying goodbye to Nibbles. It doesn't seem like another year could have passed. I always wish we could turn back the clock for one more day...but know that even if that was possible one more day would still not be enough.

Though I never knew your Casey, it's obvious how special he was to you too.

Hugs to you all!

Love the update on your new clan - lucky bunch they are!
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!
Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

Time does fly Debbie. Glad you have such a crew now though too. Good luck with the job hunt...not so fun.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 AM

What an adorable little dog!!!!
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:56 AM

There's a special place in heaven for you, Debbie, for giving all these wonderful beings a nice secure home.
Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dadís loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.