Sissy became an Angel December 29, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sissy's Mom

I think Jesse Girl is right. I just looked at a random tin of dog meat we use as a topper and it is 81% "moisture" ie presumably water..... only leaves 19% for everything else!
    Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

The water is the answer - you have to figure percentages of protein, carbs, etc. only from the percent of canned food that isn't water.

Here's a blog from Dr. Peterson on how to do it.

http://endocrinevet.blogspot.com/201...drate-and.html

Natalie

Comment

• Sissy sprained shoulder

My Sissy strained or sprained her front shoulder. She slipped of her foot stool. Any ideas how to rest it. She is limping on it.
        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

• Re: Sissy- sprained shoulder

Awe

How, s Sissy doing today?

Mo
          Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
          20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Still limping on it. I made a vet apt but can't get in until Wednesday. Trying to lift her up and down so she doesn't hurt it any more. I think she slipped off her foot stool, (to the couch) and sprained it. Not sure what they can even do for her, but will take her in. Thanks
            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Awe, if she's really hurting I'd tell the staff and see if they can work her in sooner at least for some pain meds or something.

As far as resting it, gating her to a smaller location so she's not trying to walk far or crate rest periods might help. Ali would stress in a closed crate if I'd done that in her later years because we just didn't use it anymore. So gating would have been the option I'd go with her. Then doing my activities nearby when possible.
              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Poor sissy! Hope she feels better soon.

Amy
                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

• Re: Sissy sprained shoulder

Thanks everyone,
                  I am going to call Monday and see if I can get her in. I am lifting her up and down from the couch and "our" lol bed to try to take some pressure off it.
                  We have had a hectic week, but things settled down a bit for now.
                  She isn't really active and I don't walk her, so I will try to give her as much help as I can.

Comment

Poor Sissy. Hope you both have a restful next few days and that the vet is able to see her before Wednesday.
                    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

how is Sissy feeling today?
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thanks Judi,
                        She seems to be a little better today. Also we are both having a quiet day after a hectic week, so keeping pretty low key

Comment

Does anyone know how you combat the dawn phenomenon???? Still doing research, but it might apply to Sissy??? She is always higher at 2-3 a.m and almost always higher in the morning than the night before.... This week I have had 2, 600 readings in the morning.We have had busy 2 weeks and her hurt leg. Tomarrow vet, then I am going to adjust something???? Maybe night time food first, and see if that changes anything.

Comment

Maybe she just needs some pain meds to help her feel better. She may be getting stiff through the night and it hurts more. Hope she's feeling better!
                            Mel
                            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

How do I change the thread title back to sissy's mom????

Comment

I think I changed the title of your thread for you. Let me know if this isn't wat you wanted😄

Craig
                                Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Working...
                                X