Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Meet Toby

wonderful pictures looks like a pretty place

jesse would have fun there but she may disappear into the woods never to be seen again

family looks great and the dogs are just amazing enjoying life
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Enjoyed the update. Great pictures and videos. Everyone looking good, including the little $hit!
      Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
      Diabetes: Aug 2013
      Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
      Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Great pictures and storytelling!

Toby's fitting in great and certainly adding a lot of value to the family.

Love to see these updates, Holli!
        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Wonderful pictures Holli!
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Ah... wonderful wonderful pictures and stories!! Both your guys are SO handsome, and look how big your girl has gotten.

Happy "Gotcha Day" to Toby!

Natalie

Comment

We've had several days of sun and no snow so I thought I post an update on Toby and share some of our fun (insert sarcasm) winter pictures.

The little $hit is starting to look less puppy like and more mature these days. No worries though - he still has plenty of puppy energy and still enjoys getting into trouble when he is left alone and gets bored. He's had run of the house for a few months now and overall does well.

This winter we had a green Christmas in December and then in late January, early February it began to snow and at one point it seemed it may never stop. Not only did we get crazy amounts of snow, we got lots of unusually (brutally) cold temps to go with the snow.

Here is a fun picture of Toby - first picture is letting him out back when it was double digits below zero with the wind chill factor. Second picture is in the front yard - his normal love of playing in the snow.

Getting the snow blower into the back yard became impossible given the amount of snow and the rate at which we got it - so I got the pleasure of getting my exercise by walking around in the back yard to make paths for Kinser. The snow was not easy on him this year. I'd thought Toby would be helpful in making paths, however, he seemed quite content in following right behind me. Here are more pictures of our snow...The first picture is a hike we took last weekend. It was still cold outside but the sun felt wonderful and the trails were perfectly groomed. We met up with several other hikers and Toby was in his glory getting to run around and frolick with a pack of other pups. We had to leash Kinser as his lack of hearing and inability to move quickly is too much of a risk to let him roam free among a pack of crazy pups. The second picture is wishful thinking - Bass Pro had a dogs day event and we had our picture taken in front of a back drop. Toby still has yet to grow into his tongue - lol! Kinser's rear legs don't do well on non-carpeted flooring these days so he stayed home and got his own special walk upon our return. The third picture is our back deck. There are normally five steps down to the ground. We were down to three steps in this picture as the bottom two were covered in snow. The fourth picture is a snow hill down the road from us. Another cold but beautiful sunny day so I sent the kid up the hill for a fun picture. The final picture is our front yard. When we could tolerate the cold we did have some fun building tunnels in the snow.

In true spoiled rotten animal fashion - here is what the dogs and Miss Boo cat did on most of the snow days...

We are hopeful that we've turned a corner with the weather and that maybe spring is really on the way. The upside is that we've been able to get out and go for walks. The down side - operation back yard clean up may not be far away. We should have a well fertilized plush green yard this year.

Hope everyone is doing well!
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Great Toby & family update, Holli!
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Glad to hear that things are going well with the little guy!
                  Sparky Love, diagnosed March 5, 2014. Enrolled in Kinostat study to prevent cataract formation. Pancreatitis June 16, 2014 - hospitalized for 6 days in the ICU. Went to the Rainbow Bridge June 23, 2014. I love you very much, baby.

Comment

great days i kind of miss the snow
                    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I love your updates. And he does look like a lovable little rascal. Glad Kinser made it through another winter. You guys had a rough one
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Holli,

I love your updates. Toby has fitted in so nice, but who would not in your household.

Great update.

Barb
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

So happy to hear good updates! And wasn't the snow up here nuts? I didn't think it would ever end either! It gets hard on the older pups tho...poor Kinser! Glad he had you to break ground for him! teehee Hugs!!!
                          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Working...
                          X